Concealed carry. Choices

Bob Graham

Question: I cannot decide. I need some advice.

Springfield XDS, M&P Shield or Glock 26.

I am leaning towards the XDS. Which is the better CC pistol?

Question: I cannot decide. I need some advice.

Springfield XDS, M&P Shield or Glock 26.

I am leaning towards the XDS. Which is the better CC pistol?

Yes. XDS left hip. M&P Shield cross draw. Glock 26 Smart Carry. Then Ruger LCR .357 Right coat pocket. Rhino, left coat pocket. You probably won't need extra magazines.

That sounds great, but which one do I start with!!! Limited budget.

Personal decision. Go somewhere you can shoot them all. If you have a buddy that has one or two of them get him/her to let you shoot them. Don't take someone else's advice. They are all fine guns but you want the one that is best for you. Only you can make that decision for you.

Do you like strawberry or chocolate ice cream? See, there is no wrong choice.

Another vote for shoot'em both. I carry the 26 but see what works for you.

You will find the Shield or XDS the most comfortable. I find myself reaching for my Shield, just because you really hardly feel it.

G26 I find I am usually aware I have it on, and not quite as comfortable. That being said, if I was buying just one, I would shoot all of them first. I have Glocks because parts are everywhere for them. I got tired of trying to find 8rd mags for my Shield.

No good answer...sorry.

I totally LOLed at Jim's post. Loved it.

Thanks for the advice. I will have to find a place that allows me to shoot them all. I have had several Springfield's and they just fit and feel right. But I do want them all. (haha) Thanks again.

I have the XDS and love it. Reliable and with my Crossbreed IWB it is very comfortable. Love the accuracy and it does not feel like a 45 on the range.

Out of these the xds is my choice. Very accurate, easy to handle and conceal,built well. carried one a long time and still do, my problem is I have a 1911 addiction But it's strictly what fits you the best. Good luck

My wife has a sig p250 sub compact that is accurate and easy to conceal. I find myself carrying it more than I do my own pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

Tough Choice I'd break them down into two categories Manual Safety or NOT.

XD-S .45 or 9mm.

I have the .45. Shoot 'em all and decide. The XD-S really disappears. I forget I have it on. What I don't forget is wearing the magazine pouches in case I need some extra mags.

That helps because I don't want to mess with a manual safety in a emergency situation.

I have the Shield in 9mm... I carry with the manual safety off. Have a good holster and have no worries whatsoever.

I love the Shield... think it's the slimmest of the three you mentioned, the XDs a close second. I liked both of those a lot.

Just something to note The M&P Shield (9mm) weighs 19oz the SA XDS in 9mm weighs 23oz, but the XDS 45 weighs 21.5 oz (The 9mm has a thicker barrel adds weight)

I like the DA/SA. Don't have to worry about thinking that I need to release the safety. At 10#s for the DA, it won't go off by accident, and then at 4# for SA, I'm ready to go!

I opted for the G26.....my reasons are that I absolutely love Glock pistols and I already have several magazines for my G17. The G26 is smaller, so easier to conceal, but if push comes to shove and i need some more ammo, I can use magazines from the G17, G19, or G18. I also appreciate the N82 Tactical holster for IWB carry of the G26. Just my thoughts...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back