concealed carry 45

Check out the Taurus Millennium PT145 Pro SS

The Pro 145 is my carry gun of choice. Appx $350 from Sportsman's Warehouse. It's light-weight and double-action only. I carry two extra 10-round magazines in addition to the one in the gun. The extra round in the chamber gives me 31 total rounds. It has a nice crisp trigger and LOVES +P ammo. I carry it in a stiff inside-the-waistband holster and sometimes forget it's there.

Don't take MY word for it!

Yesterday, I received the December issue of Gun Test magazine. They just happened to test and review the PT145.

Here's their quote:
"The Taurus PT145 Pro SS was not the top target gun, but it could prove to be the best street fighter."

There are about 8 .45's in my collection. If I didn't have the PT145, I'd probably carry a full sized Colt Combat Elite ($600) (Look at my icon) or my Springfield Armory Champion Model .45 ($650) with a 4" barrel.

Last edited:
Dennis,

I too carry the PT-145 daily, but it usually gets BUG duty behind my Wilson Combat Professional.

1911CarryRig.jpg

PT145STLS.jpg

economical carry .45

The Taurus 24/7 pro in .45acp can be had for $400 new. It's a compact 12 rd. .45 with ambidextrious safety/decocker. Although it resembles a Glock it's actually a DA/SA giving you restrike capability. Definitely worth considering.

-Drive fast and shoot straight

If looking at the 24/7 be sure to specify the PRO version as it has the enhanced short trigger to address the short-comings of the original.

Last edited:
Y'know, I was thinking about the PT-145 before I bought the Kimbers. Heard unhappy things about the triggers and about reliability/feeding. Was I wrong? (It's not too late . . . Christmas is coming!!)

Y'know, I was thinking about the PT-145 before I bought the Kimbers. Heard unhappy things about the triggers and about reliability/feeding. Was I wrong? (It's not too late . . . Christmas is coming!!)

I have a PT140pro. i have never had a failure to feed or eject. I do have a hard time with the trigger. It has a very long trigger pull. Mine is second generation which is double action only. The new ones are single action. This, as I understand (no decocker) requires you to carry with the safety on though. However, carrying the Kimber I assume you are used to carrying with the safety on.

You may want to check out the new Kahr CW45, a clone of the Kahr P45 but without the polygonal barrel, and comes with only one mag, but for $218 savings you could buy lots of spare mags.

Check it out here...Link Removed

Yes the RIA`s are definately very nice handguns.I actually joined the site,i just haven`t posted as of yet.I hope you post pictures when yours comes back.I definately would like to see the difference.
Here you go JC40, :D

Nercoating004.jpg

Nercoating002.jpg

130.00 to include the mag ain't bad. Also MAC includes

"MAC'S "STANDARD TUFF-GUN JOB" INCLUDES FULL DIS/REASSEMBLY, THE TUFF-GUN I FINISH ON EVERY METAL PART OF THE FIREARM INCLUDING STOCK HARDWARE (EXCEPT SPRINGS & PINS) POLISHING OF ALL
FEED RAMPS, BORE CLEANING, HANDLAPPING OF SLIDE/TRIGGER
RAILS AND PIVOT POINTS AND SIGHT DOTS.ONE MAGAZINE
IS ALSO INCLUDED. "

That came out awesome.I like the new look that it has now.It made a real nice looking gun even better,and the price isn`t bad either.Enjoy and thanks for posting the pictures.

yet another option!

I carry the Glock 36 slimline as primary concealed carry gun. Small powerful, and thin,it has some good points when looking for a new gun. The only downsize is that Crimson Trace does not make a laser for it. So many to choose from, and so little money.:rolleyes:

Here you go JC40, :D

Nercoating004.jpg

Nercoating002.jpg

130.00 to include the mag ain't bad. Also MAC includes

"MAC'S "STANDARD TUFF-GUN JOB" INCLUDES FULL DIS/REASSEMBLY, THE TUFF-GUN I FINISH ON EVERY METAL PART OF THE FIREARM INCLUDING STOCK HARDWARE (EXCEPT SPRINGS & PINS) POLISHING OF ALL
FEED RAMPS, BORE CLEANING, HANDLAPPING OF SLIDE/TRIGGER
RAILS AND PIVOT POINTS AND SIGHT DOTS.ONE MAGAZINE
IS ALSO INCLUDED. "
I`ll tell you what.The guy does some real nice work and you can`t beat the price for what he does,ecspecially taking the gun down that far and a mag.So how long was the actual time of not having the gun to do this process?

Beretta Couger Carry

I am a long .45acp fan. I own 5 different models and 2 1911's. I must say, the 1911 is my favorite to shoot, but too big for conceal carry. My choice for conceal carry is my beretta 8045. The accuraracy is amazing and after over 8000 rounds....no jams, or problems. It has been since discontinued by Beretta and replaced with their new PX4, which in my mind is a polymer version of the couger. If you havent tried firing a couger and you come accross one, take advantage of the opportunity and pick one up. you will happy. Just my input.....

.45 Carry

I carry one of 3 guns....

As you can tell from my screen name here, i am obviously a fan of the Beretta Couger 8045 .45ACP (now discontinued) This gun shoots outstanding. And with over 8000 rounds through her, never a malfunction. If you are not familiar with this gun, perhaps you are familiar with the new beretta PX4 polymer. This gun is basically a newer version of the couger in my opinion. Ergonomics are the same. This is by far my favorite for conceal carry.

next is my Kimber stainless .45 1911. cant say enough about this gun. reliable, dependable....it will do its part if you do yours.

lastly, not a .45, but .357 sig glock model .32. great firepower and accuracy!

Colt and Kimber Fan Here

I guess I am on the side of the less-expensive gun group here. My primary designated carry is a Colt Defender that I bought used, and works great. My wife has a Kimber ProCarry II as her primary.

BUG's are a Kimber 4" Tactical and my wife as the new Kimber SIS 4".

John

I am in the process of getting my Ohio CCW and renewing my Utah CCW. Anyway, I carry a Glock 36 and I love it. Best small framed .45 I've ever shot.

I carry a Ruger p 345. I have about 1500 rounds through it and it has never jammed, misfired at all. Very accurate and tough as nails

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back