Conceal Carry on State Fair grounds?

lostinataxi

Does anyone know if it's legal to carry on State Fair grounds in Minnesota?

I would say yes. Since the Agricultural Society is a public corporation (Chapter 37) and 624.714 Subd. 23. prevents governmental organizations from ..."limit the exercise of a permit to carry." With that doesn't mean if someone sees you wont get cuffed.

I have several friends on the State Fair Police Squad
So I asked them
The answer is no it's private property
They will confiscate your gun until you leave then give it back to you. If you cause a scene or are drunk they will report you to your issuing county Sheriff and he may pull you're permit.

Thanks for the info. Interesting, but I've never noticed any posted gun free zone signs in the past at any fair entrances. Aren't they supposed to have them if they don't allow guns on their private property, or did I just not notice the signs? Seems to me they are supposed to be there and visible though. I guess I've been lucky in the past eh? :) I'm not sure why I thought to ask about it this year. I know in past years I always tried to look for some signs at the entrance saying no guns allowed and never noticed any. thanks again.

guns and alcohol don't mix well and I never drink when I carry. Never.... I'm not inclined to make scenes either.... I know others do, but not me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back