conceal and carry in missouri with military ID

gcxcountrystar1

I have heard a rumor that you can conceal and carry in missouri if you have a military ID can anyone confirm or deny this rumor..
thanks

I live in Missouri and have not heard this before, I could be rong but I am fairly certian you need the state or out of state CCW permit or it's the gray bar motel if you know what I mean. Don't get me rong I firmly beleave if you are a member of our armed service you should be allowed to cc, unfortunatly the government don't listen to me

I believe the only way you can carry (with a military ID only) is if it is a part of your duty, such as military police or it's your issued weapon while in uniform on duty.

Just carrying your own personal weapon off duty while in civies (with a military ID) is no no.

I believe the only way you can carry (with a military ID only) is if it is a part of your duty, such as military police or it's your issued weapon while in uniform on duty.

Just carrying your own personal weapon off duty while in civies (with a military ID) is no no.

This is not always the case, yes if its in the line of duty is one thing but some states I am not sure which ones do accept your military ID as a carry permit. I currently live in GA and they happen to be one of the few states. The law does not just plain out say if you are military you may carry instead it says that if you are military then you are exempt from the laws that make it illegal to carry and some of the place to carry. The same law exempts others, such as people of certain offices that might be greater targets. As for if Missouri is one of those states I would suggest reading the laws and researching it. Even if LEO or the Mayor or anyone tells you that you can I would want to see it in black and white before I take someones word for it. Even if its legal I suggest getting a permit so that when LEO questions you and they dont know the law then there is less headache of trying to explain the law to them. I have a GA permit but the military ID allows me to carry a couple more place such as church. Remember that knowledge is key.

... the military ID allows me to carry a couple more place such as church. Remember that knowledge is key.

"a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(1) Peace officers, as such term is defined in paragraph (11) of Code Section 16-1-3, and retired peace officers so long as they remain certified whether employed by the state or a political subdivision of the state or another state or a political subdivision of another state but only if such other state provides a similar privilege for the peace officers of this state;

(2) Wardens, superintendents, and keepers of correctional institutions, jails, or other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of an offense;

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;

I believe this is the law you are referring to. It only applies to active duty and on-duty service people while performing their duties, such as an MP or officer under orders. It does not cover a service member simply going about his daily business in plain clothes off duty.

If you read the law it says as long as you are employed in that office it says nothing about actually being in the line of duty. If they ment for it to say that only in the line of duty they would have said that. I have ask this question to many LEO's and other persons with professional opinions and as long as you read the law in black and white and dont add in the I think or I believe they ment it this way then there is only one way to read it. I am currently employed in the US military. the key word you are missing is the word OR when authorized by federal law. The word OR is much different then the word AND.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back