Clark County Shooting Facility...1st Visit Report

Lowjiber

I live about two miles south of the strip in Vegas and the majority of my practice is in Boulder City. However, yesterday was a beautiful day for a drive (35 miles one-way), and I decided to visit the Clark County Shooting Facility for my practice.

I am very impressed. It is a fully equipped facility and the staff is very good.

At the pistol range there were only about twenty shooters, something I found unusual...I expected many more. The RSO told me that the ammo shortage was really affecting the normal range traffic. I talked with a few shooters during range-cold periods, and found that most were like me...limiting their practice to about two hundred rounds.

There were quite a few (relatively speaking) .40 caliber pistols being used. Around here, 9mm seems to be a favorite, but .40 ammo is still moderately available on store shelves.

There's an RV campground on site, and there were two groups of shooters from California staying there for the week...all nice folks who just shook their heads when guns/California came up in a conversation. (I escaped the state four years ago.)

CCSP is a very good facility. Go to their website and take a look at the expansion plans. It is going to be amazing when its completely built.

I had a customer of mine who told me yesterday Henderson is building a gun range...anyone heard anything about that? He did not know any details except that it was going to be an outdoor range close to BC

I had a customer of mine who told me yesterday Henderson is building a gun range...anyone heard anything about that? He did not know any details except that it was going to be an outdoor range close to BC
Your customer may be referring to the range at Railroad Pass...Pro Gun Range (I think). It's at the site of the old Pachmayr factory. The outdoor range is already open for all types of shooting and the owner is working on finishing the indoor range.

It's a funny story about the sign on the side of the mountain. Boulder City tried to make him remove it, but since it wasn't inside their city limits there wasn't much they could do about it. It's in Clark County and free of city (Henderson or Boulder City) control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back