Choose your holster carefully

averagejoe

I bought a Sig P238 a while back and had a hard time finding a suitable holster. I wanted the option of IWB, pocket carry and ankle carry depending on the situation. Well I settled on a DB Bullard wallet holster but it can take up to 21 weeks for delivery. Not a huge issue but what to do in the mean time. I found a Don Hume ankle carry but it's on back order could be 3 or 4 months before I get it. Still haven't decided on a IWB yet leaning towards the Minituck.
Well stupid me goes out and buy's a cheap piece of crapp ankle holster to get me by until my other options show up. I'm setting in my recliner with my legs crossed and out pops the magazine and hits the floor. Needless to say the better half was not amused. Even though there was no danger of the gun firing as the trigger and safety were both adequately covered. I set there looking like a complete idiot absorbing her rath. Lesson learned DO NOT waiste your hard earned money on a cheap nylon piece of crapp holster. Take the time and get a good leather holster that will protect every thing trigger, safety and Mag release. Could end up saving you from a very embarrassing at best or at worst case causing someone or your self seriuos injury. Lesson learned that I'll not soon forget.:redface:

At least two good things happened. One, you learned a good lesson. Two, she didn't use the magazine like a roll of quarters and beat you with it!!:laugh:

I had a similar situation so; know where you are coming from. I bought a piece of junk nylon holster for temporary use until I decided on what I wanted or how much I wanted to spend for my Taurus 617. I didn’t quite have the same outcome but, very unsteady and uncomfortable so, I wound up not carrying it in the long run. You see I don’t carry my Taurus 617 much at all so all I wanted was something cheap to use since the main gun I carry is my G19 in the Cross Bread Super tuck which I like a lot so, I think you’ll love the Minituck. I will never get another nylon holster again.

Holster Selection

Well, It seems to be an issue with Holster selection. My case was I liked blackhawk serpa holsters , but the thing is they are all OWB excellant for range use not so much for CCW. So I did some research , Crossbreed Holsters I came across. I carry a .40SW Full Size USP every single day and it so comfortable. I sometime forget that Im carrying. And I'm not a big person at all, I am only 5'6", maybe 155lbs at the most. So crossbreed holster makes it more comfortable to carry a duty gone by allowing IWB option. I suggest at least checking them out sometime. They do cost a little bit $80-$100) give or take and if you do order one get the combat cut option as well. The user above my post likes crossbreed as well. I think mine was the Crossbreed Deluxe version

Last edited:
I purchase good equipment from the get go, cheap gets you killed or injured, at least the wife did not kill you.

I have a disease....I am a holster hoarder and none of them are cheap. I am of the mind set that a good quality holsters is the most important accessory you can get your for you CC.

I like Galco, the Crossbreed Supertuck and Blackhawk Serpa. Different choices for different pistols and situations. I know that it's ideal to always carry one gun in one holster all of the time for the sake of speed but that's just not possible for me due to my job. Anyway I think the right holster is just as important as the right pistol - you can't use the best handgun in the world if you can't get the thing out.

I bought a Sig P238 a while back and had a hard time finding a suitable holster. I wanted the option of IWB, pocket carry and ankle carry depending on the situation. Well I settled on a DB Bullard wallet holster but it can take up to 21 weeks for delivery. Not a huge issue but what to do in the mean time. I found a Don Hume ankle carry but it's on back order could be 3 or 4 months before I get it. Still haven't decided on a IWB yet leaning towards the Minituck.
Well stupid me goes out and buy's a cheap piece of crapp ankle holster to get me by until my other options show up. I'm setting in my recliner with my legs crossed and out pops the magazine and hits the floor. Needless to say the better half was not amused. Even though there was no danger of the gun firing as the trigger and safety were both adequately covered. I set there looking like a complete idiot absorbing her rath. Lesson learned DO NOT waiste your hard earned money on a cheap nylon piece of crapp holster. Take the time and get a good leather holster that will protect every thing trigger, safety and Mag release. Could end up saving you from a very embarrassing at best or at worst case causing someone or your self seriuos injury. Lesson learned that I'll not soon forget.:redface:

For pocket carry just go buy a Blackhawk pocket holster and be done with it. I think I paid 5.00 for mine at the gun shop.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back