Chiappa Rhino 200DS

coconuisse

So I tried out this "snubbie" and the unique position of the barrel DID reduce kickback immeasurably, BUT, I found my shots spraying about somewhat because I definitely wasn't use to the heavy trigger pull in DA. Cocking the hammer to put myself into SA mode improved accuracy to acceptable levels with a trigger pull that was very light comparitively, but, of course that won't be an option if the revolver is to be used for defensive purposes as too much time would be used. I'm guessing that I'll have to excercise until I can crush rocks with my bare hand(s)! Sigh!

Really? I love mine. Long trigger pull, but once Chiappa fixed an issue I was having where the cylinder was catching and not turning properly, it's very smooth. Chiappa does sell trigger kits to reduce the pull weight... I'm kind of thinking about it, but can't afford it for now. Christmas is almost here! Need to buy lots of other stuff.

I love mine... the trigger pull isn't that bad, just takes some practice to pull it correctly without screwing up your aim.

This is what a revolver should look like!

:tongue:
should? Just because an ugly revolver like that is the historical norm, doesn't mean it looks good, it just means its what you expect and are used to. Familiarity plays a big portion of our perceptions of what looks good and what looks bad. Older generations generally find more old fashioned type things better looking, and younger generations find things better looking thats more familiar or common to their own generation. Its an endless cycle of the younger and older not being in sync, almost all due to familiarity, with the occasional exception.

should? Just because an ugly revolver like that is the historical norm, doesn't mean it looks good, it just means its what you expect and are used to. Familiarity plays a big portion of our perceptions of what looks good and what looks bad. Older generations generally find more old fashioned type things better looking, and younger generations find things better looking thats more familiar or common to their own generation. Its an endless cycle of the younger and older not being in sync, almost all due to familiarity, with the occasional exception.

Heh, I'm that occasional exception...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back