Cheaper Than Dirt suspends all gun sales.

robstid

According to their Facebook page they have suspended all gun sales as of today. They have lost my business and by the looks of it alot of others. Their "likes" have plummeted. CTD maybe a thing of the past. WTG CTD thanks for standing up for our rights!

According to their Facebook page they have suspended all gun sales as of today. They have lost my business and by the looks of it alot of others. Their "likes" have plummeted. CTD maybe a thing of the past. WTG CTD thanks for standing up for our rights!

You might want to research that did they stop because of the shooting or are they sold out?

You might want to research that did they stop because of the shooting or are they sold out?

They are reviewing their policy. Its not because they sold out.

From facebook:
"Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

I searched the site, no guns available anymore.

My son ordered one from them night before last. Shipped to FFL dealer in OK. Paid for. Hope he gets it.

Good luck getting through to them on the phone. Been trying for over an hour. Was going to give them my 2 cents but oh well. I hope they soon realize the error of their ways.

This could be bad folks.......I heard this morning that ****'s Sporting Goods was pulling all their Modern Sporting Rifles/ Tactical from the shelve due to un wanted publicity they have received due the shooting in Newtown, Ct.at least until all details of the shooting were released. This didn't surprise me. But a friend called me an hour ago and told me had gone into our local Walmart and they were pulling all rifles. Now I read Cheaper than Dirt is suspending all gun sales. Something is up big time. With the sales of weapons and ammo at some of the highest levels can't believe they decided on their own to discontinue sales and lose the amount of revenue. Going to stop my my local gun shop tomorrow to see what their take is on it. Really sounds like there is already some government involvement, threats or promises of favors who the hell knows. But something is definitely up , we'll see in the next few days how many more start pulling weapons. Here we go people, stock up while you can.

What in the world..............I just saw the post I submitted and the asterisks inserted in front of Sporting Goods were not done by me. Why can I NOT Mention the name of the chain that is pulling Modern Sporting Rifles/ Tactical from their shelves???????????

****'s Sporting Goods, ****'s Sporting Goods, ****'s Sporting Goods

This is just the tip of the ice berg. The Anti Gunners smell blood in the water and are going into frenzy mode. It is only going to get worse.
Every news outlet is running something on and I am quoting "the Gun debate" WTF debate are they talking about. Pretty one sided to me.

What will NBC do? They own the Outdoor Channel. Wedensdays is Tactical Day.

Perfect example of "The Masses are Asses"...

Their sales are SUSPENDED... they did not stop selling firearms. They are just going through their policies to make sure that there aren't any loopholes... That's a RESPONSIBLE firearm dealer.

D1ck's has DISCONTINUED sales... CTD has merely suspended sales. BIG difference.

Their sales are SUSPENDED... they did not stop selling firearms. They are just going through their policies to make sure that there aren't any loopholes... That's a RESPONSIBLE firearm dealer.

Given that federal law requires CTD to ship to an FFL who federal law requires to do a background check before transfering the gun, what "loop holes' could there be?

I have not used them in many years myself. Trying to get off there mailing list alone was enough to keep my money flowing elsewhere.

Given that federal law requires CTD to ship to an FFL who federal law requires to do a background check before transfering the gun, what "loop holes' could there be?

You took the words right out of my mouth. They lost almost 6000 customers since they announced the suspension. With that they have cut their own throat with the decision they made.

Pretty lame. There are other e-tailers out there. Even better, go to your local mom and pop shop spend a few bucks more and keep your money local.

WTF????????
CHEAPER THAN DIRT STOPPED SELLING FIREARMS????
This is TRUE!!! Go to their web site and click on any gun. It states in Red letters that Cheaperthandirt does not sell firearms!!!

ON THEIR FB PAGE.........Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories. COMMENTS 3 of 9,910

BOyCOTT ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS!!!!!

I know I won't buy another thing from them!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back