Cheap ammo

hogwylde

I just saw this posted on a motorcycle forum I frequent. When my permit arrives and buy my handgun, I will have to be sure not to buy Chinese ammo!

44 Magnum accident
First it was baby formula, then pet food, but now you should Watch out when buying anything from China, including bright, Shiny ammunition.
A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor.
He had a S&W 29 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range.
He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead.
Leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared from around His head, the picture shows what he saw.

Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again!
Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, It also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders.

I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on That one!

A really good reason for not buying cheap ammunition !!

Or anything from China .

They are proving this statement to be true.

44magblowsup.jpg

I've heard nightmare stories about Chinese export ammo, mostly involving duds. This thread only serves to reinforce those stories.

I must say that I will not buy ammo unless it was ( MADE IN AMERICA ) unfortunately you get what you pay for

On this site we're always about our rights 2nd. amendment...let's set the example and buy only made in usa goods. keep our $ in our country :))

no, you don't, usually, you get screwed. Man, if $ is an issue, get set up to reload. right after xmas,great deals to be had on ebay, especially with Lee progressive loaders. Setting up to reload with a single station press, Lyman, RCBS, etc, because of the powder measure, runs about $200, and you can only load 150 rds an hour, saving about 10c a rd, working for almost nothing, really. With the Lee Progressive, tho, from EBay, you can load 700 rds per hour, and setting up costs less than $400! While selliing reloads is risky, selling cast bullets is not. Check with your local IPSC and IDPA match club guys, see who casts and reloads locally. if it's nobody, it can be YOU. Setting up to make 700 finished bullets per hour costs about $700, but you can make $40 an hour at casting, if you can get wheelweights by the drum-full at your scrapyard, If even this is not cheap enough for you, stick to .22lr and Airsoft, it can still be very useful training.

I call BS!

This has all the hallmarks of something that will eventually be disproven on Snopes. (It isn't there. I checked.)

- shocking photo
- lack of identifying information
- attempts to fan fires of racism / distrust of a foreign culture

Frankly...this looks more like some idiot with a reloading press who tried to load a +++++P cartridge, and blew his gun up.

Also - I don't know offhand of ANY manufacturer in China that sells ammunition in .44 Magnum caliber. That's sort of a uniquely American cartridge. If it happened in a 9x19mm or 7.62x39mm cartridge, I'd be more apt to believe it.

Furthermore...firearms and ammunition are one of the few things China knows how to make RIGHT.

Just my $0.02 worth.

I'd be willing to bet that it was caused by a bullet being stuck in the barrel ( squib ) and a second round being fired into it. One of the local shops has a S&W with the top of the cylinder blown off by that happening.

ok, a few things wron about thepicture. the cylinder and top frame of thr revolver look like MIM parts. also no burn marks, the casings are burst from the inside lik they exploded after the fact, the parts bullet an casing are super clean.I think it is a touch up picture. But this is just opinion.

ok, a few things wron about thepicture. the cylinder and top frame of thr revolver look like MIM parts. also no burn marks, the casings are burst from the inside lik they exploded after the fact, the parts bullet an casing are super clean.I think it is a touch up picture. But this is just opinion.

I think you are on to something.

All my fired cases are BLACK inside! At least until they end up in the corncob mix.

-Doc

What is really funny is if you google .44 magnum chinese ammo, you get nothing but links to the exact same photos/stories. So, here's my question - is there any chinese made .44 magnum ammo even available in the US?

Dead ringer for a squib, by my estimation. Hate the way people will take a perfectly understandable situation and hype it up with bull****.

What is really funny is if you google .44 magnum chinese ammo, you get nothing but links to the exact same photos/stories. So, here's my question - is there any chinese made .44 magnum ammo even available in the US?

NO, no firearms or munitions have been importable from china for years. The story is BS

I always cringe a little bit when I read anything on this forum about cheap anything - when it comes to guns, ammo, accessories, for any and every purpose, I buy the best available. But of course, it is your life. You do what you want with it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back