Change to PA Concealed Carry Permits

echoawake

I don't know if this was brought up before but I heard on the local news that mail in request for PA.carry permits will not be honored after this year. You will need to present yourself in person with a photo ID to be granted a permit.
Only heard it once and searched for more information. Found nothing on it.

I live in Lawrence County Pa, We have always had to go in person to renew or get a Carry Permit, maybe its different in different counties.

I don't know if this was brought up before but I heard on the local news that mail in request for PA.carry permits will not be honored after this year. You will need to present yourself in person with a photo ID to be granted a permit.
Only heard it once and searched for more information. Found nothing on it.

I heard this to. go over to forum.pafao.org and see what is happening.

I think this is for non resident. I went to the County to get or renew my permit. I've had a permit for many years.
From what I heard, Center Co. gave out 1600 permits so far. This is a real money maker:pleasantry:

Link Removed

Apparently some PTB think that they need to take the pics of each applicant. There are some folks looking to find out why applicants can't send in the pic the same way other states do.

We travel to PA sometimes, my wife is from there, and I wonder if anyone knows if I can carry concealed in PA with my Indiana CCW permit. They say they honor IN CCW, but don't know if you have to call the PA state police or something like that to get permission.

IN LTCH valid in PA

We travel to PA sometimes, my wife is from there, and I wonder if anyone knows if I can carry concealed in PA with my Indiana CCW permit. They say they honor IN CCW, but don't know if you have to call the PA state police or something like that to get permission.

Pennsylvania Link Removed Indiana licenses to carry handguns and imposes few restrictions on where you may carry. Ohio does not, so you will need to unload your guns and all magazines and speedloaders and transpoort them as prescribed by Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.16 while driving through Ohio, unless you have a license from a state with which Ohio has Link Removed, in which case you may legally carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle subject to Ohio-specific restrictions specified in O.R.C. § 2923.16 and OC or CC on foot.

Link Removed

Apparently some PTB think that they need to take the pics of each applicant. There are some folks looking to find out why applicants can't send in the pic the same way other states do.
The Sheriff of Pike county won't issue a non resident a LTC if there permit is restricted.You must pick up the application in person present a valid permit and state ID.Centre county is the best no question, never contact the two character refrences in ten days just a plain piece of paper no photo that you have a LTC in PA.

Pennsylvania Link Removed Indiana licenses to carry handguns and imposes few restrictions on where you may carry. Ohio does not, so you will need to unload your guns and all magazines and speedloaders and transpoort them as prescribed by Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.16 while driving through Ohio, unless you have a license from a state with which Ohio has Link Removed, in which case you may legally carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle subject to Ohio-specific restrictions specified in O.R.C. § 2923.16 and OC or CC on foot.

I was under the impression that they would only need to be transported in accordance with Link Removed since he would just be passing thru the state.

Just get a Utah or Florida non resident permit when the PA LTC expires.I went in person in Milford PA which is on the NY border with Port Jervis off of I 84.For $26 USD it's nice to have it but the Sheriff has made it difficult for the NY permit holders who have a restricted permit.He does not issue unless you have a concealed handgun permit from your home state.

Its a shame PA is making the trek to the left. I grew up in Berks co & got my 1st CCW there. The state does not resemble the place I grew up in.
If it werent for my parents still living there I would never venture into PA at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back