Center Mass Firearms in Henderson Changes Ownership

Lowjiber

As the title says, Center Mass on Boulder Hwy in Henderson has changed owners. The folks from The Range 702 (down by the strip on the other side of I15) bought it last month.

I stopped by yesterday and a complete rebuild is in progress. Gone is the double lockdown door and the sign that CCW's are not permitted in the frickin building. There were a couple of 702 employees there along with most of the sales personnel from the previous owner...no doubt they'll soon be history. Not much inventory yet, but there will be shortly if 702 is running the show.

I talked to a guy from 702 and he said they've "kept the previous owner on retainer for a couple of months". Obviously, because of licenses, etc. Nobody in their right mind would keep that liar around for very long.

IMHO, it's good riddance to bad rubbish, and we'll finally have another good gun shop on that side of the valley.

As the title says, Center Mass on Boulder Hwy in Henderson has changed owners. The folks from The Range 702 (down by the strip on the other side of I15) bought it last month.

I stopped by yesterday and a complete rebuild is in progress. Gone is the double lockdown door and the sign that CCW's are not permitted in the frickin building. There were a couple of 702 employees there along with most of the sales personnel from the previous owner...no doubt they'll soon be history. Not much inventory yet, but there will be shortly if 702 is running the show.

I talked to a guy from 702 and he said they've "kept the previous owner on retainer for a couple of months". Obviously, because of licenses, etc. Nobody in their right mind would keep that liar around for very long.

IMHO, it's good riddance to bad rubbish, and we'll finally have another good gun shop on that side of the valley.

Sounds like you have a good opinion of range 702, correct? I have not been there so I have been wondering. Kind of far for me, but so is everywhere now.
I was at center mass when I first moved here and never went back.

Sounds like you have a good opinion of range 702, correct? I have not been there so I have been wondering. Kind of far for me, but so is everywhere now.
I was at center mass when I first moved here and never went back.
I live within two miles of 702, but have never fired a gun there. It's a fancy store that is really designed around marketing...not exactly my cup-o-tea. However, they have a good stock of accessories and fairly good prices considering that they're so close to the strip.

My favorite LGS is Spurlock's in old Henderson. I mostly shoot at Boulder City Rifle & Pistol club...about a twenty five minute drive for me. At $75/year to shoot 24/7/365, it's a pretty good deal. (Members have combination to the locks.)

I live within two miles of 702, but have never fired a gun there. It's a fancy store that is really designed around marketing...not exactly my cup-o-tea. However, they have a good stock of accessories and fairly good prices considering that they're so close to the strip.

My favorite LGS is Spurlock's in old Henderson. I mostly shoot at Boulder City Rifle & Pistol club...about a twenty five minute drive for me. At $75/year to shoot 24/7/365, it's a pretty good deal. (Members have combination to the locks.)

Got it. I work within walking distance of spurlocks. Good guys there. I joined BRPC and did my orientation 1-5 this year, but sadly have been to busy to try it out. Hopefully this weekend. Everyone says it is a really good place. I live in old Henderson so I at least am pretty close.

I mostly shoot at Boulder City Rifle & Pistol club...about a twenty five minute drive for me. At $75/year to shoot 24/7/365, it's a pretty good deal. (Members have combination to the locks.)
I've never shot there but all I hear are good things. I wish I lived closer as I live way up in the NW part of town. It would probably take me an hour to get there.

I stopped by Center Mass on Boulder Hwy in Henderson, one time ... saw the signs about CCW's not permitted to carry, went inside and told them they just lost a customer and left. Anyway good to hear about the change ... might have to go check it out when it re-opens ... any timeframe?

I also shoot at Boulder City Rifle & Pistol club, great place ... went yesterday afternoon ... little cold with the wind blowing ... but always good.

So far my favorite LGS is Spurlock's in old Henderson, as well. Usually have a great selection of firearms and great people. I wish they had a better stock of ammo. I am talking about before the shortage. Just seems they didn't have that much. I haven't been there lately. I live real close to the shop so will ned to stop by again just to say hi.

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back