Ccw

Vford69

What is the best multi state ccw

What is the best multi state ccw

Sorry sir, you have not provided sufficient information to provide a competent answer.

Permits are based on where you live and the recognition / reciprocity your state has with the other states. Out-of-state permits may or may not help. It all depends.

As stated above, Handgunlaw.us is a good place to start.

I think you almost always need a CCW from your own state if you want to apply for a non resident permit from another state. I hold a permit in Calif. and non resident permits from Arizona and Utah. I think I'm legal in about 34 states with the reciprocity and have the paperwork ready to apply in New Hampshire and Florida.

I think you almost always need a CCW from your own state if you want to apply for a non resident permit from another state. I hold a permit in Calif. and non resident permits from Arizona and Utah. I think I'm legal in about 34 states with the reciprocity and have the paperwork ready to apply in New Hampshire and Florida.

So you had to actually apply with the local Sheriff or Police Chief. How does that work exactly? Do you live in a smallish community where everyone knows each other or did you have to to prove your merit to get your ccp? I'm just cusious how that works in a state where a single individual determines your approval status. In VA, you have to take a class and not be a felon but if you pass all of the "disqualifiers" you "shall" be issued your ccp.

New to this‼️ Hope I'm doing it right. My question is I have just got my ccw for NC and trying to figure out what states have recognition/reciprocity with NC. Planing to drive to Indiana then Arizona and wondering can I bring my pistol with me

New to this‼️ Hope I'm doing it right. My question is I have just got my ccw for NC and trying to figure out what states have recognition/reciprocity with NC. Planing to drive to Indiana then Arizona and wondering can I bring my pistol with me

This has all the information you need: www.handgunlaw.us. You need to look at each individual state you visit and check if it recognizes your NC permit. You also need to look at each individual state you visit and check if there are differences in the laws, such as places off-limits or must inform. Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana, for example, do recognize your permit. There are also a number of federal laws, including the universally ignored Federal School Zone Law and the Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA). FOPA "allows" you to transport an unloaded firearm through states. It is estimated that the US has a total of +20,000 gun laws, most of which are designed to make you an accidental felon.

You have to jump through a lot of hoops. 1. Four hour CCW course and qualify with each listed weapon on the permit. 2. Obtain three letters of recommendation from long time friends. 3. furnish print out of driving record. 4. fingerprint scan 5. application with all the above and show good cause 6. psych. test and first interview. 7. psychological exam by shrink 7. second interviews with sheriffs department and then 13 months later permit is issued. I personally don't know anybody in the law enforcement system and do live in a rather large county. The one thing that does bother me the most about Calif. is they won't issue non resident or recognize out of state permits. With our recent court upset it's kind of up in the air as far as if we are a ( shall issue or may issue ) state now.

NC gov link to start here: Link Removed

Not necessarily sir. For example, you as a California resident could apply for a Florida permit and carry in any state that recognizes the Florida permit without having a California permit. Every state recognizes other states permits differently. It is all based upon the individual states laws. For instance, my home state of Missouri recognizes all permits so you can carry in Missouri but I cannot carry in California.

NC's permit has wide recognition. I don't know if it's the 'best', but it is very good. This is from the USA Carry map. Blue = accepts NC, Red = Doesn't accept NC
Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back