CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

CCW Trigger Job

My Kimber ultra carry II 45 ACP CDP has a 4.5 lb trigger. It breaks crisply and I can hit wat I aim at without a heavy trigger or a muddy trigger defeating my practice accuracy. The wiight ius perfect form me, the trigger could not be modified any more to make it a better trigger.

I have built a few bench guns with custom 6 oz triggers from Timney. The triggers are expensive and you can have them built to any specs you want up to 2 oz.. Again this is a bench gun, where controlled breathing, and repeatable trigger pull is a necessity.. also a bench gun is a firearm that when placed on the bench is constantly under range and safety control. No one is drawing a bench gun out of their pants.

A defensive weapon has to have much more of a safety issue, its much more about delivering a safe draw and a safe acquisition and a safe trigger pull under stressful conditions. Someone mentioned an 18 Lb factory trigger. Now that not something I would want to draw and pull to defend myself.. Kimber's combat defense packages give triggers that perform in the 4 to 5 lb range from the factory.. I measure my personal trigger and found it to be 4.5 lbs There is nothing not to like about this particular Kimber.

Email