CCW Trigger Job

My Kimber ultra carry II 45 ACP CDP has a 4.5 lb trigger. It breaks crisply and I can hit wat I aim at without a heavy trigger or a muddy trigger defeating my practice accuracy. The wiight ius perfect form me, the trigger could not be modified any more to make it a better trigger.

I have built a few bench guns with custom 6 oz triggers from Timney. The triggers are expensive and you can have them built to any specs you want up to 2 oz.. Again this is a bench gun, where controlled breathing, and repeatable trigger pull is a necessity.. also a bench gun is a firearm that when placed on the bench is constantly under range and safety control. No one is drawing a bench gun out of their pants.

A defensive weapon has to have much more of a safety issue, its much more about delivering a safe draw and a safe acquisition and a safe trigger pull under stressful conditions. Someone mentioned an 18 Lb factory trigger. Now that not something I would want to draw and pull to defend myself.. Kimber's combat defense packages give triggers that perform in the 4 to 5 lb range from the factory.. I measure my personal trigger and found it to be 4.5 lbs There is nothing not to like about this particular Kimber.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back