Ccw question

Tbaughman036

I just took my class and now setting up my appt at the police post to get my license. I have a problem, they need all of my addresses from when I was 18. Where can i find that information? I have lived quite a few places and its not on my credit report. Where do the cops get their information?

Sent from my SM-N900T using USA Carry mobile app

Surely you remember some of your previous addresses. Give them that and call it good. You can also say something like I also lived in (city), but can't recall the exact address. Just be honest if you have nothing to hide.

I had fun with that for my application. Luckily the sheriff's office here was very understanding... I moved a bunch too when I was in the Navy. I found several addresses off of my tax records, though.

Howdy,

An alternative would be to only give the addresses where you didn't commit any major crimes. :)

Dang! You beat me to it!

I too have moved a bunch since I turned 18.

Give them the ones on your credit report and any others that you can remember.

Paul

P.S. Congrats on taking the CCW class! Once you get your permit carry, carry always and be safe.

Always remember: the permit makes you an armed citizen, not a cop or a superhero.

Howdy,

Dang! You beat me to it!

I too have moved a bunch since I turned 18.

Give them the ones on your credit report and any others that you can remember.

Paul

P.S. Congrats on taking the CCW class! Once you get your permit carry, carry always and be safe.

Always remember: the permit makes you an armed citizen, not a cop or a superhero.

Thanks so much to all of you. I am proud to be part of this community of awesome people. I will look into my tax forms and other options.

I have a problem, they need all of my addresses from when I was 18.

A military Top Secret security clearance only requires address history for the last 15 years - so if the applicant is over 33 years old, your ccw requirements are more horrendous. But, hey....it's only reasonable regulation of the 2nd Amendment, right?

I absolutly have nothing to hide but when I called the local pd, they said it had to be every address and the years had to be correct or they would refuse the license.

I absolutly have nothing to hide but when I called the local pd, they said it had to be every address and the years had to be correct or they would refuse the license.

That sucks! Who on earth is supposed to remember all that? Good luck...

What part of the Soviet Union do you live in?

I moved about 10 times in the military, your credit report should have everything, and if it doesn't then they have no way of calling you out on it.

Lmao, you guys are pretty funny. I live in columbus, ohio. I dont want to go through franklin county because it takes forever to get my license so I have heard so im trying delaware county since it has to be in an ajoining county. Ill try google and I was even thinking about going to the pd and asking for a personal background check.

A state permit has to be issued in a particular county? Odd.

Lots of states (like Washington) have laws that require a person to apply for the permit in the county in which they reside. It is kind of odd that Ohio allows the adjacent county. Maybe they figured that the LEO agency in the next county over might be closer to the applicant that the LEO agency in their own county.

Lots of states (like Washington) have laws that require a person to apply for the permit in the county in which they reside. It is kind of odd that Ohio allows the adjacent county. Maybe they figured that the LEO agency in the next county over might be closer to the applicant that the LEO agency in their own county.

You're making the mistake of assuming they are capable of "figuring" something out that would benefit the citizens of Ohio.

I was under the impression that the law is this way to prevent one #!$&head leo from denying everyone to further his/her anti gun/2a agenda.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back