CCW in Nv to Fla-Reciprocity

Rollbar

I use to live in Fla (never had a CCW there or in Nv) and I was checking out the maps as far as the Reciprocity goes and it seems this would be the way to go since I visit Fla.

I am in the process of working on getting my CCW in Nv.

Can anyone tell me IF it is possible to obtain a Fla permit or not. I was thinking of a UT permit attachment but it does not cover Fla.

Thanks,
Jim

Florida only recognizes resident permits. You can get a non-resident permit from Florida and that would cover you. Try this site for any info you need.

Link Removed

Just click on the state of Florida and it will bring up the information on how to apply.

Its unfortunate that NV and FL reciprocity lasted only a short time... less than two years.

Your Nevada CFP will meet the training requirement for Florida. Send them a copy of your training certificate or NV CFP application checklist and qualification paperwork. Make sure they are copies because they will not be returned.

The reason for Nevada dropping Florida from the recognition list was because they extended their license term from 5 to 7 years. Florida because of their reciprocity statute had to drop Nevada. Florida is a "you honor ours, we honor yours" state.

To clarify the NRS. It is not a reciprocity agreement, it's a recognition statute. Reciprocity is a two way agreement, recognition is not. If a State is added to the Nevada list, it does not necessarily benefit Nevada CFP holders.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back