ccw at gun show

aj's 40 cal

im going to a gun show here in texas tomorrow and or on sunday. first time to a show so im excited. hopefully i can find some cool stuff like hard to get ammo. anyone who has been to a gun show can you cc at one or because of the nature of the event are you not allowed? i dont want to have to go back to the car to drop somthing off if you know what im saying... also what should one expect at a gun show?? any info will help.

thanks everyone!

nope

You will have to leave ALL amo in your car. They will make you go back to unload. Then they will put a ziptie on your gun. Have fun

I have seen loaded magazines confiscated at gun shows. Make things easy.... leave the gun and ammo in the car, then go enjoy the show.

No mags as stated-they will inspect your gun at door and then zip Ty it thru the barrel-have fun try not to spend too much money! Lmao

my first gun show was amazing. left my cc at home as to not cause and issue. left with a box of t series winchester .40 and 2 pinki grips for my xd sub. even my gf had fun. might be going back tomorrow to get her a diamondback .380!

I have carried MANY times at a gun show. If you are carrying correctly, nobody should know. They do not normally wand you nor do they have metal detectors. Have fun and buy some "goodies"

I have carried MANY times at a gun show. If you are carrying correctly, nobody should know. They do not normally wand you nor do they have metal detectors. Have fun and buy some "goodies"

There are some gun shows that have some legalese on their tickets that could make getting caught carrying, not such a good idea.......

Whatever works for ya....

When going to a gun show, I unload the one in the chamber at home.
I then go to the gunshow.
When I park, I remove the magazine and put it in my left front pocket, I then holster my pistol in the usual place.
I then pay and walk into the show. (I bypass the tye-wrap table - to me this is if you are going to try and sell your gun and be exposing to the masses for whatever reason so vendors and the masses KNOW it's unloaded).

The Gun Shows I go to state no loaded firearms. Mine is not. I have no intention of pulling my fire arm, so nobody will see it.
Usually on the way out, I go to the bathroom stall, place my magazine back into my pistol and holster it, and walk out to the car.
There is NO way my gun will accidentally discharge at the show, (making me a fool and having my name in the paper and talking with authority types), but at the same time, I'm not an unarmed victim, should something go south (which is very unlikely)..

Follow all applicable state laws is my only advise. I openly carry here in Georgia and they do the zip tie thing at the shows. I follow the rules but also have my knife and loaded magazine in case of a problem which is perfectly legal here.

Here in New Mexico I open carry and all I do is let the people at the front door remove the magazine and put a wire tie thru the barrel and I put the mag in my pocket and holster my gin and that's it

thank you all

for the responce. the show is over and had some fun so no need for more info on it. also talked to a cop at the door and he said the same things ya'll have said.

thank you all again!

aj

Think about it.

Think about all of the unintentional discharges you're heard of.

Think how show organizers have to be totally paranoid because of insurance and various agencies that want to put them out of business.

I'm a Life Member of Washington Arms Collectors. They are EXTRA strict, because they know they are the biggest "target" in the state. They operate on the presumption there are agents provocateur in every show (even if they don't catch them every time). Cameras are banned at WAC shows. Only members can buy and sell guns; anything else can be bought/sold by non-members.

It's just too easy to get into conversation, compare guns, put one's carry gun back, talk some more, pull the carry gun for one more control comparison or something, and make a slip.

Do I know people who will carry even knowing they'll be banned for life if caught? Yes. But those guns are in DEEP concealement.

By the rules: If I carry, and many do, I unload and tie wrap the piece, then put it back into my holster/belt.

In a WAC show, NO loaded magazines, NO magazines in guns (they even pull tubular mags from .22 rifles, and NEVER ammo on the same table as any gun that it will fit. They even put tie wraps on muzzle loaders.

Are there sicko types in the gun-hating crowd, who would surreptitiously load a displayed gun, in hopes of causing an accidental shooting? YES! They hate all gun owners, and an accidentally dead gun owner at a show would be exactly what they could use. These dirtbags do exist, and they don't all work for F-troop.

Even at the smaller shows, similar precautions are taken. I can't recall the last time I attended a show where tie wraps were not used.

No, in 2010 it's VERY unlikely you'll see any gun shows in America that let you carry loaded guns. The one exception to this is, of course, the Police. My buddy with a badge never had any problem carrying his loaded gun in a show.

If law abiding people can't have loaded weapons at gun shows , then only criminals will have loaded weapons at gun shows.

I'm a Life Member of Washington Arms Collectors. They are EXTRA strict, because they know they are the biggest "target" in the state. They operate on the presumption there are agents provocateur in every show (even if they don't catch them every time). Cameras are banned at WAC shows. Only members can buy and sell guns; anything else can be bought/sold by non-members.

I just wish the Washington Arms Collectors were truthful on their website, but they aren't.

Link Removed

The Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) is a membership organization affiliated with the National Rifle Association. WAC puts on one of the largest gun shows in Washington State. You can and SHOULD become a member of WAC. Only members can buy and sell guns at our shows. Only members may carry firearms into the venue. Look through this site to find out all the ways that a WAC membership can be of value to you. WAC director positions are occupied by some of the most powerful people in the gun rights arena. WAC works to preserve your 2nd amendment rights. The WAC is based on the principles set forth by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution which states that every free citizen has the right to keep and bear arms. WAC members VOTE!!

The red and blue statements above are complete opposites of each other.

gun shows

In Ohio there are no loaded firearms permitted except for law enforcement officers.

All firearms rifles, pistols and shotguns are checked to be sure they are not loaded.

The people that ask about loaded guns warn the police not to remove the pistol from the holster. The obvious reason is if the officer is going to buy a holster the show host does not want him pulling out a loaded firearm to try in the holster.

That is it for Ohio Shows

Hope this helps

Pat Olvey
Email [email protected]
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hamilton County

Unless you have a specific reason for bringing you gun with you such as to sell or trade it, leave it in the car, I don't want to get tossed out of a gun show in front of a couple of hundred people, a lot of them I know:cray:

Think about it.
It's just too easy to get into conversation, compare guns, put one's carry gun back, talk some more, pull the carry gun for one more control comparison or something, and make a slip.

This entire paragraph makes no sense to me, I just cannot wrap my mind around the concept that anyone would be dumb enough to draw a loaded weapon just to "compare guns".

Who is that stupid?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back