CCW and prescription drugs.

I am also a Californian looking at the CCW application saying I cannot take ANY prescription drugs (What CCW Permit Holder can legally say that ?)... The main reason I wanted the CCW is because I know who the State of California is releasing from jails in order not to comply with Federal Laws of Deportation... My Daughter is a Correctional Officer in the same county I live in, My Son-In-Law is a retired Correctional Officer... The State of California has decided that it Will Not Comply to Federal Law and are releasing some very bad Hombres... Now I'm 69 years old, clean record, home owner, retired from Designing Weapons for the Navy for 35 years, I take no anti-depressants because I am not depressed or nuts or whatever, BUT at 69 years old I do take Prescription Drugs and the State does not think I am in control of my senses enough to have a CCW and I should comply to State Laws even though they refuse to comply to Federal Laws.. Well I will take the CCW Class at $125 and a couple other Defense classes they offer but I WILL NOT APPLY for the CCW and Perjure myself, I hold myself at a higher moral level than Jerry Brown but feel as if my Constitutional Rights of been denied for doing such.

Abiding to the letter of Law

I am also a Californian looking at the CCW application saying I cannot take ANY prescription drugs (What CCW Permit Holder can legally say that ?)... The main reason I wanted the CCW is because I know who the State of California is releasing from jails in order not to comply with Federal Laws of Deportation... My Daughter is a Correctional Officer in the same county I live in, My Son-In-Law is a retired Correctional Officer... The State of California has decided that it Will Not Comply to Federal Law and are releasing some very bad Hombres... Now I'm 69 years old, clean record, home owner, retired from Designing Weapons for the Navy for 35 years, I take no anti-depressants because I am not depressed or nuts or whatever, BUT at 69 years old I do take Prescription Drugs and the State does not think I am in control of my senses enough to have a CCW and I should comply to State Laws even though they refuse to comply to Federal Laws.. Well I will take the CCW Class at $125 and a couple other Defense classes they offer but I WILL NOT APPLY for the CCW and Perjure myself, I hold myself at a higher moral level than Jerry Brown but feel as if my Constitutional Rights of been denied for doing such.

That's one of the broadest no-carry laws. Some states, like Kansas, prohibit carry only if under the influence of drugs to "such a degree as to render such person incapable of safely operating a firearm."

Other states, like New York, have no such laws because it assumes if you are granted a concealed carry permit you'll be responsible and mature enough to not use your weapon while incapable of using it in safe manner.

To bad so many states feel the need to babysit their concealed carry permit holders. Might be better not to give them a permit at all if they can't be trusted not to SWD ("shoot while drunk").

Well don't look now, but your babysitter is on steroids and fixing to start revoking permits.
Permit deadline looms for tens of thousands of NY gun owners | Local News | pressrepublican.com

I am in the process of filling out my application for Calif. CCW permit. It asks about prescription drugs "are you currently taking any prescription medication on a regular basis that may alter your moods or impair your judgment?" I am taking meds that improve my judgement and alter my mood (anti-depressant) and worried how this will affect the decision for approval of CCW. If I omit this info will they (Sheriff) check to see if my info is correct, or should I answer honestly? How much weight does this have with the approval process?
As someone who wanted to be honest and up front, if you volunteer information about any illness, condition, medications that can ban you, you will be banned! My intake guy was a former police chief. When he saw that, he said they NEVER would have found out about it.
Sure enough, I was screwed. The reason? "Something I said in the interview" what ever the f**k that means!

At least in California, must be everywhere, LE is banned specifically from your seeing your medical records by HIPA without a warrant. They also can't search the "CURES" controlled substances registry for perscriptions for controlled substances.

I've been considering re-applying, it's been 8 years since the screwing, and answering the question about banning, I can certianly claim I have no idea why I was banned except antisemitism.

While you may have to fill out a "medical records release", I would quickly go to my Dr.s office and the pharmacy and fill out new HIPA forms Requiring a warrant to view them regardless of any other variance I may have allowed. F**k 'em!

Of course the danger they risk is that without a CCW, you can carry any gun around, anywhere, anytime. You aren't required to notifiy LE. You run the risk of arrest and other stuff, but where is it written in the Constitution (US or state), that you need a permission slip from the sheriff to protect your life or the lives of any others?

And this is not for everyone, but I did get out of Jury Duty when I (asked to approach the bench with DA and Defense Attornys) that our sheriff didn't think I was in control of my faculties enough to carry a gun so I must not be able to determine guilt or innocence. Upon a conviction, that'd be the first thing they'd look for to get a retrial.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back