CC what would you do in this situation will you do or not act?

mojoman

If you were in the bank when he come in will you lay down or shoot at the first chance you got?
Link Removed

I see that he have on some body armour so it will have to be a head shot and also their is a hundred thousands dollars for the reward.

well mojo; since technically it is illegle to carry a concealed weapon into a bank, we wouldnt have too many choices. hypothetically, i would wait till his back was turned and put 2 .45 acps center of mass with a coup de grace, into his head. jmho. larry :) of course being a good upstanding law abiding citizen, i "would never even think about carrying my concealed weapon into a gun free zone" js:nono:

Last edited:
I think your question would need many more details before a proper answer could be given.

My CWP doesn't make me a LEO. All it allows me to do is take my shirt and cover my gun. It doesn't give me any other magical or protective powers. I choose to carry a gun because I have a responsibility to protect my family and part of that protection today includes, first and foremost, keeping myself alive to provide for them. Of course conscience does come into play. If there are children in danger (as a father myself) -- you can bet I'm doing whatever I can immediately... it's instinctive as a parent I think.

However, without those details... can I escape? If I draw, maybe I did not see his armed partner standing behind me or about to enter the door. Did someone else see the criminals enter, notify the police -- and when they enter moments later they see me with a weapon and end me?

That being said, if escape is impossible, then I am under imminent danger of death or grave bodily injury. I WILL draw down without hesitation. I may not win, but I won't ever disarm or submit voluntarily.

Last edited:
I think your question would need many more details before a proper answer could be given.

My CWP doesn't make me a LEO. All it allows me to do is take my shirt and cover my gun. It doesn't give me any other magical or protective powers. I choose to carry a gun because I have a responsibility to protect my family and part of that protection today includes, first and foremost, keeping myself alive to provide for them. Of course conscience does come into play. If there are children in danger (as a father myself) -- you can bet I'm doing whatever I can immediately... it's instinctive as a parent I think.

However, without those details... can I escape? If I draw, maybe I did not see his armed partner standing behind me or about to enter the door. Did someone else see the criminals enter, notify the police -- and when they enter moments later they see me with a weapon and end me?

That being said, if escape is impossible, then I am under imminent danger of death or grave bodily injury. I WILL draw down without hesitation. I may not win, but I won't ever disarm or submit voluntarily.

You have a point but I have to look into not carrying into a bank for my state and it's so many figure into this situation it's almost you just do nothing only if he start shooting up the place. Good point.

In Louisiana it is legal to carry into a bank unless there is a "No Guns" sign posted. Personally, I won't bank at one that does post a sign because criminals tend to go where the money is LOL! (e.g. banks, convenience stores).

However, I always make it a point to keep concealed "CONCEALED". I don't want my friendly teller, who I see every week, suddenly glancing nervously in my direction hoping that I will do something. That only brings the bad guy's focus towards me. The less the friends or foes know, the better my chance.

Without trying to hijack the thread -- I was taught a good habit years ago to just scan the parking lot at a higher risk place for any cars that are idling or backed into parking spots (backed in especially at convenience stores). It's not paranoia, but I do tend to enter the building in a slower, wider fashion.

I look in the RCW for Washington and nowhere in there that said you can't take a ccw in. I have carry in the bank I go in but i make sure that I'm conceal nobody know nothing.

well mojo; since technically it is illegle to carry a concealed weapon into a bank, we wouldnt have too many choices. hypothetically, i would wait till his back was turned and put 2 .45 acps center of mass with a coup de grace, into his head. jmho. larry :) of course being a good upstanding law abiding citizen, i "would never even think about carrying my concealed weapon into a gun free zone" js:nono:

I see you are from Florida and I am unfamiliar with their laws but in Washington there is no rule about banks. I have not even seen any of the banks that I frequent post any signs prohibiting it either.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan

Nor did I see anything about banks in CA information.

Why do so many people automatically think banks are off limits? They are NOT federal property. FDIC doesn't mean didly in this respect.

To the question, if the robbery is going down smoothly, let him take the money and run. If he starts acting irrationally or overly threatening, headshots!

Nor did I see anything about banks in CA information.

Why do so many people automatically think banks are off limits? They are NOT federal property. FDIC doesn't mean didly in this respect.

To the question, if the robbery is going down smoothly, let him take the money and run. If he starts acting irrationally or overly threatening, headshots!

I would agree with this totally.

um banks are private businesses. Oh unless you live in a state that screws your rights.

You may use your firearm to prevent or stop a felony. Felony equals bank robbery. Now that being said if there's no shot just lay down!

I will not lay down during a robbery. It only ensures that I will be defenseless should they decide to execute everyone. Neither will I be herded into a bank vault.

I'm not gonna comment on the laws on CC in Oregon because I don't know their laws. However, in Florida it is NOT illegal to CC here, so the chance of me being armed is pretty good.

My thought is this... if he is having a successful robbery of the FDIC insured money, let him have it. I'm not willing to put my .380 daily carry handgun against his drum-fed semi-automatic rifle unless I have absolutely NO CHOICE. Watching the video he seemed composed, and getting what he wanted so he left without harming anyone. Bank files with the FDIC and everyone's money is safe... oh yeah, everyone went home.

Now, if he is irrational and starts looking like he is about to start killing people... then it's game time where I attempt to find the right opportunity to take some head shots for a show-stopper. This is really a last resort as he has a huge advantage with his rifle, and body armor.

So, in summary... unless lives are in serious jeopardy -- my concealed firearm stays where it's at. I'm not playing hero and getting myself and others killed because I couldn't stand to see money walk out the door with a criminal. It is NOT our job to protect the bank's money! As I said above, if things get sketchy where he starts shooting people or gets agitated and looks like he is gonna... the game plan changes.

I would immediately comply but would seek an advantage if his back was turned to me. I carry a .45 and given the opportunity I would light his ass up. But in saying that its always case by case and my job is to survive the encounter.

I'm not gonna comment on the laws on CC in Oregon because I don't know their laws. However, in Florida it is NOT illegal to CC here, so the chance of me being armed is pretty good.

My thought is this... if he is having a successful robbery of the FDIC insured money, let him have it. I'm not willing to put my .380 daily carry handgun against his drum-fed semi-automatic rifle unless I have absolutely NO CHOICE. Watching the video he seemed composed, and getting what he wanted so he left without harming anyone. Bank files with the FDIC and everyone's money is safe... oh yeah, everyone went home.

Now, if he is irrational and starts looking like he is about to start killing people... then it's game time where I attempt to find the right opportunity to take some head shots for a show-stopper. This is really a last resort as he has a huge advantage with his rifle, and body armor.

So, in summary... unless lives are in serious jeopardy -- my concealed firearm stays where it's at. I'm not playing hero and getting myself and others killed because I couldn't stand to see money walk out the door with a criminal. It is NOT our job to protect the bank's money! As I said above, if things get sketchy where he starts shooting people or gets agitated and looks like he is gonna... the game plan changes.

Agreed! My weapon is to protect life and liberty! Not things that can be replaced. You have to be darned sure to make an on target shot because in all likelihood he'll turn and just start unloading.

This is the exact reason to practice as much as you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back