CC or OC in vehicle in Arkansas

spdracr39

I have been researching and can't seem to get an answer. If I am in my personal vehicle do I have to keep my gun concealed or can it be exposed in a mounted holster? I am not talking about throwing it up on the dash or waving it in the window. I just want to have access to it and not have to put it in the console or under the seat.

My instructor was a retired LEO who now heads up the VA security. That was one thing I remember him covering and he said it must be concealed unless it was a long gun which is not even covered under our licenses.

I've looked for a law stating that a "licensed" individual may/must open carry in a vehicle but all I've found is law for unlicensed individuals.

I've just been told by a friend that our Lt. Governor has signed the Open Carry but I seem to remember that Beebe saying he'd veto any such law that crossed his desk. Lets hope that he ignores it for another 5 days so it automatically becomes law.

My instructor was a retired LEO who now heads up the VA security. That was one thing I remember him covering and he said it must be concealed unless it was a long gun which is not even covered under our licenses.

I've looked for a law stating that a "licensed" individual may/must open carry in a vehicle but all I've found is law for unlicensed individuals.

I've just been told by a friend that our Lt. Governor has signed the Open Carry but I seem to remember that Beebe saying he'd veto any such law that crossed his desk. Lets hope that he ignores it for another 5 days so it automatically becomes law.

Actually he signed the law making all personal info on chcl holders exempt from the freedom of information act. The open carry law is still in committee. And no I have not been able to find anything that addresses vehicles but am still looking. I know for other purposes your vehicle is private property and I know you can open carry on your private property but I don't want to assume that 2+2=4 because it often does not.

Check your local laws.

In NC, you can OC in a vehicle "if it remains visible"... and that is up to the officer you're interacting with. Much safer with a CHL to avoid any hassle.

Edit: Re-read your post. So OC is a no go?

Maybe you can do what I did in my SUV and mount a holster under your steering column.

It was next to impossible to spot from any angle... but I could access it VERY quickly. Sure beats the hell out of trying to draw from your standard strong side IWB/OWB while seated!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back