CC Holster

dfitch1211

I was wondering what everyone's opinions on the different holster types and materials. What are your pros and cons to holsters you've used in the past?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using USA Carry mobile app

I really like leather holsters. They seem to hold the gun more snug than kydex. Just my opinion. But I generally carry in a Galco King Tuk

Ok, I know I'm going to be alone here but I do not like leather holsters. Too hard to get the weapon out.I had one for my glock 23 and based upon suggestions in here I tried "bagging it" several times (placing the gun in a baggie then putting it in the holster intending to stretch it out a bit) but the nest time I put it on I had the same oversnug problem. Give me kydex anytime. I've had 2 leather holsters and I won't have a third. BUT YMMV and I know that most love it and swear by it. Just remember when you have issues that there was one lone voice out here in the wilderness saying KYDEX or bust. :stop: Check out White Hat or Raven among others. I also have a couple of fairly stiff pocket holsters I really like.

I use a Winthrop leather IWB and couldn't be happier. Good fit, nice and secure, no problems drawing or reholstering even in rapid draw circumstances

I have a Winthrop I don't use much any more, just because it's bulkier than my new Alien Gear! Great quality, though. I like the AG... leather and kydex, easy to get a full grip, adjustable retention, cant, ride height, etc.

I like leather. most kydex holsters, unless there is a retention strap, have a tendency to allow the gun to jump out, if running, and also make undue wear on the gun finish.
I have been using a Pro-Carry Deep Comfort IWB from The Holster Store in Florida. I carry a 9 MM, all day everyday, and it is very comfortable, still looks good, and wasn't expensive. I don't know what more anyone could want. If I ever need a new holster I'll go back to The Holster Store for another leather holster.

I use a Remora Tuck for IWB carry and a Fobus Paddle holster for OWB carry for my G26. Love the Remora....comfortable...stays in place (has never moved or slipped) and is easy to draw from. Very pleased with both.

What contributors say is true: Eventually you will end up with a drawer full of holsters. My latest is the Alien Gear. It has taken about a week to get use to it, but now I really like it. Use it every day even taking my daily nap and lying on the floor keeping a puppy from removing the skin from my hands. As far as running with it.....I don't run. My next favorite is Wright Leather Works.

I prefer the BlackHawk Serpa kydex holder. It has a retention system where someone cannot just pull your firearm out. It cannot dislodge if you are upside down, or getting physical with someone.

For those that say "it's not safe"... that problem was fixed many years ago. To release the firearm, one must slide their trigger finger along a release in the natural position that you would pull your firearm out anyway. The old system did not allow you to slide it, so you had to push in. This caused some to push their finger into the trigger area. They are wonderful holsters now, they have multiple adjustable cants, and are extremely quick to draw from.

Link Removed

I hear so many people talkinf about having "a drawer full of holsters". I have been carrying everyday for years and still have my original IWB leather holster. The only other holster i have ever had was a black Nylon cheapie holster from WallyMart that I use to open carry with before I had a CC permit.

I have the BlackHawk Serpa too, I really like it but it doesn't conceal at all. I use mine in cross-draw position while driving and at 3-4 o'clock open carry.

I have the BlackHawk Serpa too, I really like it but it doesn't conceal at all. I use mine in cross-draw position while driving and at 3-4 o'clock open carry.

Have you tried wearing an over shirt or a light jacket? I've never had trouble concealing a full-size Glock in mine. Granted if you want the T-shirt and jeans look, then no, you'll need an IWB holster for that. In that case, I choose a Kholster Infinity Tuck.

I just received a new Desantis IWB Sof-Tuck leather holster for my Ruger LC9 for Christmas. I've worn it everyday getting it broke in, however it seems that when they made it they ended the stitching on the back side of the holster so as I am on my feet all day walking around. The ends of the stitching rubs through my boxers and rubs my skin raw. Is there something I can do to remedy this? Any suggestions. Thanks.

I have a Comp-tac M-tac and a Crossbreed super tuck. Prefer the Crossbreed. It's thinner and fits my body better then the M-tac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back