CC Friendly Restaurant/Meeting Place in/around Columbia

sherra

A few people in a SC CC group I am a part of on Facebook are going to be meeting up in the Columbia area & would like to not have to "disarm" to gather & eat unless absolutely necessary. Does anyone know of any restaurants in the Columbia area where a small group (maybe a dozen) could go eat & we would not have to disarm due to serving alcohol? I live in Kershaw County, but don't travel much farther west than I-77 unless absolutely necessary, so I'm not familiar with Columbia eating establishments.

Thanks!

* Edit: We're now considering a Lizard's Thicket. I've never seen it posted & I'm relatively sure they don't serve alcohol. Can anyone confirm?

Very. Bad. Information. Regardless of where MCRC holds their business meetings, Murray's most assuredly serves alcohol, unless they stopped in the last few months. Not likely. That's why I don't attend the MCRC business meetings.

Columbia Sc Restaurants - Murray's Neighborhood Grill & Bar - Located in Cayce, SC

Lizards Thicket doesn't serve alcohol, but it wouldn't be my first choice simply because I'm unaware of any that have a private(ish) meeting area. I would however recommend the original Maurice's, the Piggy Park, because they have a separate room that they would almost certainly let you to use for the asking. Maurice's also has a corporate pro-gun, pro-Constitution, pro-liberty stance. Additionally, any money spent there stays pretty much in the local area instead of going to a company in anther state.

And the service food is fabulous...

Link Removed

What does this mean? Is it illegal in SC to enter an eatery with a gun? Are there so many signs that one can't find a place to eat? I don't understand the issue.

What does this mean? Is it illegal in SC to enter an eatery with a gun? Are there so many signs that one can't find a place to eat? I don't understand the issue.
The law in South Carolina is that you cannot carry into any establishment licensed for on premises consumption of alcohol. Contrary to pouplar belief, SC gun laws are not that lax. We actually have some of the toughest, and most confusing, laws in the country...

Thank you for the suggestion of Maurice's. Depending on how many RSVP we may consider. The Lizards Thicket we are considering does have a private room.

Thank you for the suggestion of Maurice's. Depending on how many RSVP we may consider. The Lizards Thicket we are considering does have a private room.
Depending on the date and time, I'm there if invited. Also, there are both an indoor commercial range (Shooter's Choice) and an outdoor private range (Mid Carolina Rifle Club) 10-15 minutes away from the Piggy Park in opposite directions. I'm a member at MCRC which is very convenient to both I-77 and I-26 and can take up to 4 guests at a time if anyone is interested in getting in some shooting either before or after the meeting, again depending on date and time.

Let me know if this sounds like something anyone might be interested in.

ETA; You mentioned a FB page. Invite please...

It's the Facebook Group discussed in the group Palmetto State Concealed Carry here on the USACarry forums. You should be able to request to join the group through the link that's posted. Once you're approved to the group you will see the event listed under the "Events" tab on the group.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back