CC at my kid school - Florida

Can I make it any more clear?!?

I'm still not gettin it. Maybe you should ask Mervin to help clear it up.

Thanks,but after having been chastised by the all intelligentsia on this forum, I''ll be posting no more opinions on this forum. There are too many more who are much more intelligent than I and they should be consulted in matters of this ilk,and not me. They obviously did not take note of my use of the word "most" when posting about the laws concerning the carrying of weapons on school property.

Thanks,but after having been chastised by the all intelligentsia on this forum, I''ll be posting no more opinions on this forum. There are too many more who are much more intelligent than I and they should be consulted in matters of this ilk,and not me. They obviously did not take note of my use of the word "most" when posting about the laws concerning the carrying of weapons on school property.

there are opinions and there are misstatements of facts, you did not post your opinion you posted your incorrect interpretations of the laws, your opinions are welcome and misstatements of facts will be corrected. where you went wrong is not accepting that there are others who DO KNOW THE LAWS

there are opinions and there are misstatements of facts, you did not post your opinion you posted your incorrect interpretations of the laws, your opinions are welcome and misstatements of facts will be corrected.
if you don't know the law don't get all pissy when those who do know the laws correct your bad facts

except that school districts....

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

[SIZE=-1]790.115 Possessing or discharging weapons or firearms at a school-sponsored event or on school property prohibited; penalties; exceptions.—(1) A person who exhibits any sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade, box cutter, or common pocketknife, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, in the presence of one or more persons in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner and not in lawful self-defense, at a school-sponsored event or on the grounds or facilities of any school, school bus, or school bus stop, or within 1,000 feet of the real property that comprises a public or private elementary school, middle school, or secondary school, during school hours or during the time of a sanctioned school activity, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. This subsection does not apply to the exhibition of a firearm or weapon on private real property within 1,000 feet of a school by the owner of such property or by a person whose presence on such property has been authorized, licensed, or invited by the owner.
(2)(a) A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;
2. In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or
3. In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.

[/SIZE]

So what about this rest of 790.115 (2)(a) 3 that states "except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges."?

Doesn't this mean that school districts can negate the "in a vehicle" exception? I should have gone to law school.

I think it means that they can make it "unauthorized" for students... but it doesn't mean that you can't have it on you when you are picking them up in your auto.
Note that I said "think".

I think it means that they can make it "unauthorized" for students... but it doesn't mean that you can't have it on you when you are picking them up in your auto.
Note that I said "think".

I pick my daughter up later in the day after car line is over. I have to park and go get her. So, I have to leave my firearm in the parked car. So my concern is whether "except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges." applies to me.

WRONG. In Washington State I can even exit the vehicle and open or conceal carry on school property while picking up or dropping of a student, as long as I have a CPL. There is also the exception in Florida that I posted before your unsubstantiated statement.

Yeah, here in Washington we can do that but all of mine kids are grown so I don't have to go but if I happen have to go for my grandkids it's okay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back