Catch 22: I want to rent different pistols to get a feel but I cannot rent alone.

quehas4

I have just taken my first safety class and was able to practice for about two hours. I want to find the best pistol for me by renting different guns while I practice. I don't have anyone to practice with and I cannot rent a gun by myself. I am thinking about buying a cheap handgun just so I can practice. Once I own a gun, the ranges will let me practice alone and rent any of their guns. Any suggestions? Is this a waste of money?

Q

If you say city and state maybe someone would be kind enough to meet you at a range. I wouldn't mind another "excuse" for trigger time. Not that I need an excuse.

You can go to different ranges if your not far from Philly you can contact me and come to the range on a day I do a class and you could rent a few guns and try them out and see what you think. I'm at the range doing classes every weekend if your interested just contact me: [email protected]

Have you taken a full class or just safety class?

Phillygunteacher,

It's nice to hear of patriots in your neck of the woods in PA. I'm on the other side of the state where there is a generally negative view of anything coming out of Philly. It's refreshing to see that this isn't always the case. :smile:

wolf

Wolf_fire,

The bad part is that I heard that before but it's so much negative things going on in the city that the perception can be negative. I'm glad you can see there are some positive things going on on the city.

Look to see if there is a local chapter of organizations like A Girl and A Gun Club (A Girl and A Gun Women's Shooting League | Girl's Night Out at the Gun Range | Ladies' IDPA). Chapters are popping up all over the US. The whole premise is to solve issues like the one you are having. Every time I attend a chapter meeting, I will take 8-10 firearms for the ladies to try. Most chapters have women who do the same. Shooters rarely will say "no, you can't shoot my favorite gun! You might have cooties!" :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back