Castle domain

Understanding.
I was watching Dateline 4/30/15.about young guys doing what is called garage hopping, stealing beer,food,money from people early in the morning. And this guy got killed. We the owner got sent to jail...this happen to him befor,so he plan to catch the person next time, but the court said he plan to murder the people.he reported this to the police and nothing was done..so much for castle domain. .any comments, please..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using USA Carry mobile app

I recommend to actually look at the details of this case. You know. Beyond the BREAKING NEWS attitude, where opinions are stated as facts and evidence is ignored. Also, this forum has a search function. This has been discussed in detail before in this forum: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/general-firearm-discussion/48324-self-defense-fails-montana-man-s-murder-trial.html. NavyLCDR's post may answer your questions. The term castle doctrine is just that, a term. Your state's criminal code defines what justifiable homicide is under that term. It is state specific. Ignorance of this law is not an excuse and will land you in jail. Do you know your state's castle doctrine law?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back