CASTLE DOCTRINE Pennsylvania

CapGun

"Castle Doctrine" Heading to Governor Rendell's Desk!
Please Contact Governor Rendell Today!
[FONT=&quot]This afternoon, the Pennsylvania House of Representatives voted 161-35 to concur on Link Removed. HB 1926 will now move to Governor Ed Rendell's (D) desk for his consideration. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HB 1926 would permit law-abiding citizens to use force, including deadly force, against an attacker in their home and any place outside of their home where they have a legal right to be. If enacted, this law would also protect individuals from civil lawsuits by the attacker or the attacker's family when force is used. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please contact Governor Rendell today and respectfully urge him to protect law-abiding Pennsylvanian's by signing HB 1926 into law.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Governor can be reached at: [/FONT]
225 Main Capitol Building
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17120

Phone: (717) 787-2500
Fax: (717) 772-8284
To email the Governor, please click Link Removed.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Word is....Rendell is going to line item veto the thing...:mad:
I called his office anyway. Please call and let him know how many support this bill. I would be surprised if he did sign it. Hopefully with a new repub Gov. It will eventually pass. Got to keep letting them know.
Maybe he'll sign it by accident!:wacko:

My letter has been sent.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there are many, if any, politicians who are on the side of law abiding gun owners in Philadelphia, Mr. Rendell included. It looks like most everyone else in the state, in both houses, voted for the bill.

Hit his desk on 11/17....10 days to sign or veto....gives him until this Saturday....found out there is no line item veto on this type of bill...it's all or nothing.

Well, that certainly takes the gray area out of it! No wiggle room for the Governor! I'm guessing he's going to go lame duck liberal and veto it. If that ends up being the case, hopefully it can be presented again in the next session with a Republican Governor.

Come on Mr Rendell. Sign it into law! This was nowhere near a party line vote in the General Assembly. Even most of the 102 Democrats in the house voted for it! I give the General Assembly a lot of credit for the way they voted.

I'm not surprised. How quickly he states that the District Attorneys didn't like it so he vetoed it.

The bill was anything but "Shoot first, ask questions later," but that's the fear factor that the media injects. Pennsylvanians don't realize how little the current law protects them when threatened WITHIN their own home!

Darn Rendell, last act of a disliked and terrible governor.

Hopefully Mr. Corbett will make good on this when he gets in office.

Fucking Rendell, last act of a disliked and terrible governor.

Hopefully Mr. Corbett will make good on this when he gets in office.

Although I agree 100% with you, you might want to "code" out the entire "F" word next time. Site administrators might get a little testy over that. JMHO.

There is no excuse for it not to pass when the new Governor comes in.
I just wonder what was in the bill that so many Dems voted for it. It was somewhere like 3 to 1.
It should be brought for a vote and signed into law within six months! Not my prediction just what I think should be done.

I agree it should and must pass. What really yanks my chain is not so much the ''stand ground'' aspect as much as the great need to have immunity (in a totally legal defense shooting of course) - from ridiculous civil actions brought by an injured perp' or his family.

It is these crazy law suits that can follow which so often essentially bankrupt some poor guy who only did what he had to do to save his skin. I really hope Corbett gets this right - it's well overdue. I wrote Rendell a polite but strong letter following his inept decision.

I think most of the few "no" votes were Philadelphia reps. The then democratic house "majority" was only by one rep/vote, but I think these guys (and girls!) voted for their constituants, unlike the crooks in Washington DC.

I believe the failed push a little while ago to make Pennsylvania carry permits for residents only and not recognize other states' permits was from the City of Supposed Brotherly love. The city that allows family members of drug thugs who kill police officers to sue the city. Of all the unsafe places to have gun haters...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back