Carrying a SP101 in hot weather

snatale42

Anybody carrying a SP101 (2.25") in the hot weather under light clothes? I've got a PF9 that hides VERY well but would like to carry my 101 more. Just got it this year but during the cooler months so it wasn't an issue. I put the Hogue grip on it and while it's awesome in the hand hurts a little for concealment. I've been using a N82 Tactical that was for my G26 that I sold. Any suggestions on maybe a still comfortable grip for it or holster suggestion would be great. I know the stock grips hides a little better but don't really like the look/feel of it.

I carry this S&W in my back pocket, custom grips are no problem. Also carried perfectly concealed horizontally under a T-shirt in hot weather in a K.L. Null "Vampire" holster.

Link Removed

Defender

I've carried it a lot in an ActiveProGear Defender:
Link Removed
except mine has an extra part from another holster, as you see in the pic. I am not a big guy, and this one has worked the best with 3" SP101

I've also used the Milt Sparks Summer Special from time to time, which you can see in this ad, but with the Monogrip it prints, unless you are really big:
ARMSLIST - For Trade: Ruger SP101 .357 3" Spurless

I use a small fanny pack for my hammerless sp101. Just a regular old fanny pack, nothing fancy. I load some speed strips up and stuff them in there too. It works very well. I know there will be some who say using a fanny pack is a "tell", but I don't think so. It doesn't "print" and how else would anyone know what you have inside? I have a pocket holster I put it into then put it in the fanny pack like that. You don't need a very large fanny pack for that gun either.

I use a small fanny pack for my hammerless sp101. Just a regular old fanny pack, nothing fancy. I load some speed strips up and stuff them in there too. It works very well. I know there will be some who say using a fanny pack is a "tell", but I don't think so. It doesn't "print" and how else would anyone know what you have inside? I have a pocket holster I put it into then put it in the fanny pack like that. You don't need a very large fanny pack for that gun either.

I'm also a fanny pack carrier. My carry is a 7 shot Taurus .357, which fits in a small one, mine came w/ a holster inside. To me, I feel most likely case of encountering a need is a robbery attempt, in which they're most likely to want my wallet and what's in it. Reaching in a fanny pack for a 'wallet', and being greeted by a snubbie is going to be more of a surprise than any 'quick draw', in which case if they have a gun, I'm likely to get shot doing. My gun is to save my life if that need arises, and I think being smarter than the guy robbing me is my first line of defense.

I carry mine AIWB in a leather clip on holster. Under a t-shirt all year long. One of my leather clip on holsters is made by Desantis. I don't remember the name but, it's the one that has a belt loop and a metal clip. It can be worn on the belt or in the waist band. I had a leather worker sew a leather sweat gard on it. The SP101 can be worn on or in the belt very easy with any type of shirt,vest, or jacket depending on the weather. If you have to wear a tucked in Dress Shirt, there are a lot of Tuck able Holsters out there. I have carried in my pocket when wearing heavy jeans but, for the last Three years my LCR357 is in my pocket as back up to the SP101 in my waist band."Every Day All Day"

Remora makes great no clip holsters that you can position at nearly any angle and they stay put... I am also a big fan of Blackhawks nylon pancake holsters... I carry a 6 shot EAA 357 snubbie (very heavy for its size too) in either of those holsters depending on how deep of concealment I need/want.

With the Remora you can barely tell it is there at all as far as printing... Plus it is very comfortable...The Blackhawk I tend to use at work since I am constantly moving/jumping/twisting around, I want/need the added security of a strap/snap retention... Plus, dropping/losing a gun in front of a customer is not a very good impression, lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back