Carry with confidence class. CCW follow up.

bernardbarker

I attended a class at the Gun Range in Sacramento:

Carry With Confidence (4 hour Course)
Our teaching philosophy is simple. Treat every student with respect and dignity. Create an environment where learning is easy to understand and fun. Carrying a gun is a way of life, not a hobby. If you are going to carry a gun you must have the skills to get your gun out from your concealment, hit your target and keep your gun running through malfunctions and reloads. You will learn how to: Draw your gun, Fire and hit the target twice in less than 1.5 seconds, Survive a violent confrontation, Conceal your gun. All concealment types will be discussed; hip-holster, inside the parts, small of the back, cross draw, shoulder holsters, fanny packs, ankle holsters and women’s purses. Eye and ear protection are required. 300 rounds per class. 3 magazines with belt magazine holder. Class fee includes range time and targets.

It was well worth the $100 fee and about 2 hours of the total of 4 hours was instruction in fast draw and fire. One of the most valuable pointers was the need for CCW legal insurance. I got this the next day online from https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/shield/ The instructor also told us about Frontsight training in Pahrump, which is pretty costly.

What do you folks do to enhance your training? I mean just obtaining a CCW doesn't necessarily mean that we are ready to accept the responsibility of defending ourselves.

I'm really not convinced that the insurance is needed. I really don't trust insurance companies.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Our teaching philosophy is simple. Treat every student with respect and dignity. Create an environment where learning is easy to understand and fun. Carrying a gun is a way of life, not a hobby. If you are going to carry a gun you must have the skills to get your gun out from your concealment, hit your target and keep your gun running through malfunctions and reloads. You will learn how to: Draw your gun, Fire and hit the target twice in less than 1.5 seconds, Survive a violent confrontation, Conceal your gun. All concealment types will be discussed; hip-holster, inside the parts, small of the back, cross draw, shoulder holsters, fanny packs, ankle holsters and women’s purses. Eye and ear protection are required. 300 rounds per class. 3 magazines with belt magazine holder. Class fee includes range time and targets.

It was well worth the $100 fee and about 2 hours of the total of 4 hours was instruction in fast draw and fire. One of the most valuable pointers was the need for CCW legal insurance. I got this the next day online from https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/shield/ The instructor also told us about Frontsight training in Pahrump, which is pretty costly.

What do you folks do to enhance your training? I mean just obtaining a CCW doesn't necessarily mean that we are ready to accept the responsibility of defending ourselves.

Perfect practice makes perfect. Always continue to practice perfectly. Skills can and will diminish.

Choose one way to carry and practice that way. Too many options when a SHTF situation comes up will cause you to react more slowly.

is this an ad or a commentary on the class?

I mean just obtaining a CCW doesn't necessarily mean that we are ready to accept the responsibility of defending ourselves.

According to who? You?

You MUST be new to carrying, as well as this site!

I accept responsibility for my carry gun and I am more than "ready" to use it to defend myself when required, thank you very much.

P.S. I always carry with confidence.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Front Sight has been running some good specials lately. I think you can find 2- and 4-day courses considerably cheaper per hour than you paid. I've been shooting for 50 years; I just took a 4-day course a few weeks ago. I had a great time and gained some valuable knowledge. My problem is breaking some 50-year-old habits...

What you mean 'WE" Willis?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back