Carry in Finger Lakes National Forest?

dojoman

Does anybody know if a CCW holder can carry in the Finger Lakes National Forest? I'm heading down there this weekend on a trip. I'll try to contact the county office again but no luck gettin a hold of anyone yet

If you are licensed to carry in the state, yes. This was a federal law change last year. Still, check with state law enforcement.

If you are licensed to carry in the state, yes. This was a federal law change last year. Still, check with state law enforcement.

The Federal law change was for lands under the control of the National Park Service. National Forests are under the control of the US Forest Service and were unaffected by the new Federal law.

The Federal law change was for lands under the control of the National Park Service. National Forests are under the control of the US Forest Service and were unaffected by the new Federal law.

Sorry, that is correct. National forests actually never forbid the carry of firearms as a general rule but were simply subject to the state laws covering such things. Therefor, you should be ok. Again, though, check with state law enforcement.

Yeah see that's where I got confused cas I been told its both so Idk. I'll check with the local PD in that area, I hope to get ahold of someone today.

Follow up to my question, should anyone else want to know in the future. I spoke with a Forest Ranger assigned to that Forest, she stated it is allowed. As long as NYS laws are followed(conceal only, permit, and so on). I would still advise you to call if you plan to vist. (607)-546-4470.

Follow up to my question, should anyone else want to know in the future. I spoke with a Forest Ranger assigned to that Forest, she stated it is allowed. As long as NYS laws are followed(conceal only, permit, and so on). I would still advise you to call if you plan to vist. (607)-546-4470.

I was going to suggest that you call the National Forest Rangers, not the local PD. The local PD wouldn't have anything to do with it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back