Careful how you answer questionaires

This has probably been covered but just in case here it is :

What you permit , you promote

When
I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10
days in the hospital for what should have been an
overnight stay the insurance company kicked me out.
I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked
if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did
I would not tell them. So the below has some
merit.
FYI,
I am passing this along...there are comments from
two other people I have also been asked if we keep
guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it
in along with all the other regular questions.
I told her I refused to answer because it was
against the law to ask.
Everyone,
whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral
answer so they have no idea who does and who
doesn't. My doctor asked me if I had guns in my
house and also if any were loaded. I, of course,
answered yes to both questions. Then he asked why I
kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered
that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and
also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an
unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against
criminal attack.
The
Government now requires these questions be asked of
people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.
Just
passing this along for your information: I had to
visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my
doctor was on vacation.. One of the questions
on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any
guns in your house?? My answer was None of your damn
business!!
So
it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or
government intervention. Either way, it is out
there and the second the government gets into your
medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it
will become a major issue and will ultimately result
in lock and load!!
Please
pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun
owners...Thanks, from a Vietnam Vet and retired
Police Officer: I had a doctors appointment at the
local VA clinic yesterday and found out something
very interesting that I would like to pass along.
While going through triage before seeing the doctor,
I was asked at the end of the exam, three
questions:1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel
threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to
someone?
The
nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes
to any of the questions, I would have lost my
concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my
medical records and the VA would have reported it to
Homeland Security.
Looks
like they are going after the vets first. Other gun
people like retired law enforcement will probably be
next. Then when they go after the civilians, what
argument will they have? Be forewarned and be
aware. The Obama administration has gone on
record as considering veterans and gun owners
potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner,
veteran or not, YOU"VE BEEN WARNED !
If
you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this
on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and
to whom.

I am on medicare and VA health plans and have been for at least 10 years. I have never been asked.

I suspect alarmist email.

As is often the case, there is a grain of truth to all this. I was a home health nurse about 20 years ago. Asking about guns was part of the admission process even then. I never asked... just marked the place "declined" and left it at that.

DO be careful how you answer any such survey or questions by ANYONE. Better yet, don't put yourself into such a situation if you don't absolutely have to. Just refusing to answer will probably communicate to the questioner that you probably DO have guns. They can easily check off the box that puts your ownership on record, even if you don't say yes. Depends on the integrity and agenda of the questioner, obviously.

Everyone I deal with in person already knows I own guns because they can SEE the one on my belt. But if someone were to ask in any situation where I was not armed (hard for me to imagine now), I'd simply smile and ask THEM why they thought they needed to ask such a personal - and irrelevant - question. Most of these questioners have not thought much about it and are just blindly "doing their job." Make them think about it, and use the opportunity to educate them if at all possible. That is, if you can't avoid the situation altogether.

Be evasive but sincere. Be truthful or say nothing and don't indulge in hostile or snarky answers. Accomplishes nothing.

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.
My dad passed away in December 2010 after a long illness. We had several nurses and aides in the year prior who asked if we minded them having a gun in their bag. They had no company policy on this other than to clear it with their patient before they entered the hom... otherwise leave it in the car. Of course we had no objection. These girls often find themselves in bad neighborhoods taking care of people at all hours of the evening. God bless them for their dedication. It's a thankless job being a home-health aid or nurse.

It's a thankless job being a home-health aid or nurse.

It ain't all that thankless. Home care R.N.s make around 50 bucks an hour as well as a per diem and travel.

Having said that, Why make a big deal out of it? If you don’t have a need to know and you ask if I own a gun I tell you “No.” and move on to the next question like nothing ever happened. IMO if you do anything else you might just as well say “Yes.” .

Having said all that I am still convinced this OP is one of those chain emails that go around and around the internet

In January my kids had their annual check ups. They were asked to fill out a questionire and there was a question asking if there are any guns in the house and if they are locked up. So I would add to educate your family not to disclose personal info to anyone (school, doctor or online). Not trying to be paranoid, it is just common sense.

The answer to any irrelevant questions is whatever the politically correct answer is. Were I looking to take guns the first group I would approach would be those that refused to answer, then I would go knock on the door of those that said yes. The ones that said yes might have the means to resist but would probably do what ever they were told. The ones that refused to answer almost certainly had a gun and had proven to be able to think and act for themselves. These are the people I would be concerned about.

Then again, since they probably have every post ever made on a pro-gun forum we are all on the list anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back