Can I travel with a weapon to Nevada that is registered to my girlfriend

waxxford

Leaving to Las Vegas from Portland,OR tomorrow (12/19/12) at noon on SW Airlines with firearms. Have transported my own weapons many times on different airlines, but while packing my bags tonight my girlfriend asked if it was legal for me to transport another registered owner's firearm (one of her's), and I didn't know the answer.

If anyone here knows the answer, would much appreciate the help as I will be packing one of her's with me if its legal.

I will be checking the forum here before I leave in the morning, thanks in advance,

Waxx

Btw, I would usually research this question myself but just don't have the time on such short notice tonight and the USA Carry website is always my "go to" for quick and informative answers.

Thanks,

Waxx

Leaving to Las Vegas from Portland,OR tomorrow (12/19/12)

Oregon does not have firearms registration so it is impossible for her to have a gun registered to her in Oregon because there is no one and no method to register it with. That's your answer.

Neither is there one for the state of NV, Clark county deals with its own registrations, not the state. Visitors such as yourself have nothing to fear, just open carry and stay out of North Las Vegas :)

... just open carry and stay out of North Las Vegas :)
For the uninformed, North Las Vegas is the murder capital of the Vegas Valley.

On those rare (Thank God) occasions when I absolutely have to go there, I supplement my EDC weapon with BUG and two extra magazines for each.

It has to be seen to be believed.

Neither is there one for the state of NV, Clark county deals with its own registrations, not the state. Visitors such as yourself have nothing to fear, just open carry and stay out of North Las Vegas :)
True - UNLESS you stay 60 days or more, then you are supposed to register handguns in Clark County.

I live in Vancouver, WA, not sure that makes a difference or not - but, I was under the impression the firearm serial number followed the person the Federal background check was completed on, and that it was in essence registered.

Anyway, pleased to report no issues with TSA or the airline on my way down. Thanks for the help.

All NV cares about is whether you can be legally in possession of a gun. As long as you're not a convicted felon, have a temporary restraining order, or a few other issues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back