can i carry or transport to nh?

xghostyxjokerx

I have a ltc class a no restrictions and i wanted to ask since im on the borderlines of mass and nh i go to nh alot... how bad is it if i cross state line? Can i still conceal? Or keep in trunk unloaded? Also i seen manchester has a good range and idk if i could bring my own gun n such... sorry new question but first time owner here... thanks...

Two things to do in this situation: 1 (sorry in advance): Seriously, just google if NH will reciprocate your license. I suggest checking the NH state police site if you can't find it
2: Just call their state police dept and say something along the lines of "I currently live in mass and have an ltc class a license, what are the laws regarding me transporting into NH during travels?" Ive done this for IA, Ten, IN, OH, and IL prior to travelling through them and had no issues when calling

That's good advice. You can also go to the Gun Laws By State web site. Their web address is "www.gunlawsbystate.com". They should also have the info as well.

I have a ltc class a no restrictions and i wanted to ask since im on the borderlines of mass and nh i go to nh alot... how bad is it if i cross state line? Can i still conceal? Or keep in trunk unloaded? Also i seen manchester has a good range and idk if i could bring my own gun n such... sorry new question but first time owner here... thanks...

NH doesnt recognize you MA permit so you cant conceal. Your options are to open carry, keep in trunk, or get a non-resident NH permit which is your best option if your in NH a lot. My NH permit was in my mailbox 5 days after they cashed my check! Their very efficient. Assuming your talking about Manchester Fireing Line, its nice but not the the drive if your not close to the border. And yes you can bring your own guns.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

NH doesnt recognize you MA permit so you cant conceal. Your options are to open carry, keep in trunk, or get a non-resident NH permit which is your best option if your in NH a lot. My NH permit was in my mailbox 5 days after they cashed my check! Their very efficient. Assuming your talking about Manchester Fireing Line, its nice but not the the drive if your not close to the border. And yes you can bring your own guns.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Yeh i was thinking to maybe try out that range once.. just because i cant seem to find open to public range around my area... but i will submit for a nh permit this week...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Personally, I would never ask a cop for advice on the law, especially on handgun laws. I have in my experience (I'm a Reserve Deputy in my county's Sheriff's Dept) met way too many cops that have no idea what the law actually is, but will with much authority state they do.

This is on USA Carry's site. It is a reciprocity map. It is here as a resource to answer questions such as yours.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Accordingly, NH does not honor your Massachusetts license to carry.

However, if you plan on going to NH often, get their permit: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newhampshire.pdf

There is information on how to do it on the above link. And here is the form for getting a NH non-resident permit: Link Removed

Welcome to the forums and good luck to you. :smile:

Yeh i was thinking to maybe try out that range once.. just because i cant seem to find open to public range around my area... but i will submit for a nh permit this week...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Where are you? AFS in N. Attleboro is pretty descent and Mass Firearms School in Holliston is real nice too. There's also a lot of private clubs that may be worth looking into.

I got my NH non-resident permit in less than a week. No interview, $100, arrived in the mail. No problem. The only MA-border state with reciprocity is VT. Private clubs are the way to go, but waiting lists are often long and sometimes require references from Club members in good standing.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back