Can anyone on the Treasure Coast loan me a .22 LR boresighter?

Craash420

My wife gave me an AR-7 for Christmas but she's having a hard time with the peep sights so we bought a cheap scope for it. I can't see spending more on a boresighter than I did on the scope and I'm tired of wasting ammo, can anyone here loan me one for a day or two? I live in PSL and work in Stuart so I'd be happy to meet pretty much anywhere in-between.

You probably don't even need one. Level (aka truing) the scope then mount it and level it to the gun. Take it to a range and shoot at a 25 yard target while in a rest of some kind and without moving the rifle adjust the scope to the holes and shoot again and make any necessary adjustments then go to 50 yard range and do the same then 100 yard range. Probably expend a dozen or so rounds.

That makes more sense than what was going on in my head, I'll see if my range has a lead sled for rent. It's only a 25 yard range so if anyone in the area has a longer stretch we could use I'd be most obliged, but this is a good start. Thanks!

I don't know about Florida but here in Pennsylvania we have state game lands with public shooting ranges available that range from 100-300 yards and all one needs to use the range is a hunting license or pay a one time range fee (good for one year) which is slightly more than the cost of a hunting license. Talk to your state game commission you might have something similar. I would also invest in a rifle rest if you do a lot of shooting, they aren't too expensive. Try Midway USA. They are great for a stable place to clean your rifle/s and set up scopes as well as bench rest shooting.

You might want to try one of those sighting devices the are like a laser pointer. You stick it in the barrel of your gun, then adjust the sights so the cross hairs of the scope match the red dot. Cheap and it works.

You might want to try one of those sighting devices the are like a laser pointer. You stick it in the barrel of your gun, then adjust the sights so the cross hairs of the scope match the red dot. Cheap and it works.

AKA boresighter but I mentioned he could sight it in w/o one if need be. With a bolt rifle you can remove the bolt and look down the barrel to get an approximation and do the 25, 50, 100 tard deal but since an AR-7 can't be viewed down the barrel (I am supposing) then if you are on paper at 25 yards then it is relatively easy to adjust.

They are cheap, but the scope was even less.

AKA boresighter but I mentioned he could sight it in w/o one if need be. With a bolt rifle you can remove the bolt and look down the barrel to get an approximation and do the 25, 50, 100 tard deal but since an AR-7 can't be viewed down the barrel (I am supposing) then if you are on paper at 25 yards then it is relatively easy to adjust.

You suppose correctly, might seem silly but when I brought it home I put it together and looked at it pretty much every way besides down the barrel. Then I took it back apart and looked down the barrel.

Also tried looking for public ranges, none in the area. The missus has started talking about shooting clays and possibly going hunting, when this year's membership runs out we might have to check out Vero or Okeechobee's ranges for some outdoor action.

Thanks for the tips.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back