California Legislature Moves Seven Gun Bills Forward

dc dalton

A package of seven bills to tighten gun regulations, including one to require registration for the purchase of ammunition, was approved by the state Senate on Wednesday after emotional debate about the limits of the Second Amendment’s guarantee of the right to keep and bear arms.

Link Removed

Here are the bill texts:

SB396 Would remove the grandafther clause for any magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds, requiring owners to ship them out of state or dispose of them by January 1, 2014

Link Removed

AB180 Gives the city of Oakland special permission to write it's own more restrictive gun laws

Link Removed

AB231 Would create the offense 'criminal storage of a firearm in the 3rd degree' when a person leaves a firearm in a location where the person knows, or reasonably knows a child is likely to gain access to it

Link Removed

SB47 Prohibits so-called bullet buttons and other devices that gun manufacturers use to circumvent the state's assault weapons ban and allow swift reloading. A similar bill, AB48, passed in the Assembly and bans conversion kits that allow people to modify their weapons.

Link Removed

SB53 Requires ammunition buyers to get a permit, have a background check and pay a fee.

Link Removed

SB755 Expands the list of those prohibited from owning weapons to include people convicted of additional drug and alcohol offenses.

Link Removed

SB683 Expands the requirement for a firearms safety certificate from handguns to rifle purchases.

Link Removed

SB374 Prohibits the sale, purchase, manufacture, importation or transfer of semi-automatic rifles that can accept detachable magazines.

Link Removed

SB293, which requires that guns sold in the state be equipped with technology, such as biometric readers, that would prevent anyone but the registered owner from firing them.

Link Removed

Is the sun to bright in California...is it cooking peoples brains. I went to basic training in San Diego and have visited a couple of times. I also went to high school in Hawaii. 2 extreme beautiful states with some of the craziest politicians history has known. Why do you put up with it?

You have only 2 options to effect change. You will never do it at the ballot box...never. Too many damned people getting freebies. Ya know why they are getting freebies? Votes is one reason. But the elite class spread all over California knows that as long as the government gives them the freebies, the takers will stay in their own neighborhoods and nobody in Hollywood or Silicon Valley, or San Francisco will have to look at them. If the takers are invisible then the lives of the elites are secure. The only way to keep them invisible is for you guys to stay and continue to pay to keep the takers in their neighborhoods. So option 1 is to leave California and starve it to financial death. Once the state is in complete decay, move back and start over. If you think you have too much to loose by leaving, by all means keep supporting the "state"....but quit bitching about the results. Option 2 is do what is necessary to secure your liberty. You had better get some grass roots political movement going because you guys are heading for a very deep ******** if you are not already there. Let me know when you clean it up because I would love to move to any part of California.

Good luck with 369. Violates the Contract Clause and the Due Process Clause in the 14th with regard to takings without recompense. Removal of the grandfathering makes it an ex post facto law therefore unconstitutional on its face it is no law. 755, well that happened in Chicago, non-violent misdemeanors, a guy sued and won. Thats not binding though. Oh...crap...I am talking about California here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Suggestions for those of us who cannot move from California (for whatever reason): Join the NRA; join the CRPA (California Rifle & Pistol Association); donate (if you can) to the NRA & CRPA (they currently have lawsuits going against some of these bills); find out who your State Senator & Assembly person is and flood their inboxes with calls, faxes, & letters. Be respectful but firm. Tell them your concerns. Mention that you are a member of the NRA and/or the CRPA. Mention that you are a voter.

But, DO NOT sit on your butt and do nothing. That is how we got in this fix in the first place. We have sat back silently for years and let others take away our rights as citizens a little at a time. Our hunting & fishing rights have slowly been eroded. Our gun rights, also. Because we sat back and let it happen. If we do nothing now, we get what we deserve.

Happy to have moved out of CA in 2008. I feel sorry for you guys, but I joined the NRA this week.

Hope it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back