Buying a gun out of state with out a purschase permit from the sheriff.

TooCalm

What states let out of state residents buy handguns without a purchase permit from the sheriff? I know that all states are suppose to do the criminal background check, that's no problem.
I had to get a Utah cc permit, NC is being a bitch about it. I want to purchase a Glock 26.

Thats funny, before I got to the end of your post i was thinking "I thought only NC pulled that crap". Most states won't let you buy with a Non-Res CHP. (except for shows) As far as I know if your a NC Res that will follow you since if you purchase out of state you'll need it xfered thru an NC dealer.

snatale42 is correct. You can buy out-of-state but will have to transfer through an FFL dealer. You'll have to produce a purchase permit or NC CHP to the dealer for them to record. Depending on what county you live in, you can have the purchase permit inside of 15 minutes. Others are 2-3 days.

What states let out of state residents buy handguns without a purchase permit from the sheriff?

About 45 of them. Too bad in order to be legal the gun will have to be shipped to a NC FFL for transfer to you where you will have to have the required permit to get the gun. It is against Federal law for anyone, FFL or private party, to transfer a handgun to an out-of-state resident.

Thanks! That wasn't the news I was hoping for, but it answered my question. I haven't been to a gun show in 28 years. I hear about this gun show loop hole? What are my chances of finding a weapon there?

Thanks! That wasn't the news I was hoping for, but it answered my question. I haven't been to a gun show in 28 years. I hear about this gun show loop hole? What are my chances of finding a weapon there?

Chances of finding a handgun at a gun show are just about the same as finding one in a gun store. The "gun show loop hole" is nothing more than propaganda pushed by anti-gun groups and has nothing to do with gun shows. What they are referring to is the lack of Federal regulation of sales/gifts of guns between two private parties (non-FFLs) who are residents of the same state. Many times private parties will sell guns at gun shows because that is where there will be a group of people interested in guns at once place. But in about 45 states that same gun sale could happen anywhere, not just at a gun show.

You are still out of luck at a gun show, however. First, Federal law still prohibits sales between residents of different states. The only exception is that you can buy a rifle or shotgun from a licensed dealer (FFL) in another state if all the laws of both the state of the FFL and the buyer's state are followed. So, you cannot go to a gun show in Virginia and buy anything other than a rifle or shotgun there and you have to get it from a licensed dealer. You couldn't legally buy a handgun from anyone there, FFL or not, unless it was shipped to an FFL in North Carolina.

In North Carolina, you still have to have the pistol purchase permit to buy a handgun from a private party, regardless of where the sale happens.

Why is it so hard for you to get the permit? (or you could always move to a state where freedom is a reality.)

Why is it so hard to get a permit?

I was depressed over a woman. I Made the Mistake of Talking to a Therapist, now my name is in the records of Catawba County NC. mental health system. That is all it takes to be labeled as mentally Ill.

I was Lied to! Privacy is a load of crap! What you tell a therapist Can and Will be Used Against You, for Their Own Financial Gain! I told them that I drank beer at home after work every day. That is why my permit is being denied, according to them I have a very serious substance abuse problem. It does not matter that it has been over 15 years since I talked to them, and that to this day I do not have, not one DWI. The Hell of it is I quit drinking 3.5 years ago.

I have been given the opportunity to prove that I am not a drug addict. ( So much for the Burden of Proof being the states responsibility.) It will only cost me $118 per hour; they decide the number of hours. After the horrible experience I had with them I am 100% positive that I will be charged thousands of dollars and still not get the permit!

My roots are too deep here. I spent 11 years building my own home with cash money. It is paid for and in this economy I would have to sell for pennies on the dollar. Also I am 1.5 years into a college education at my local community college.

I have read that veterans who have PTSD have had their gun rights taken away because they are considered to be mentally Ill. That is so Wrong!

During the summer semester I had a psychology class. The instructor is a Doctor. She warned the class that if any of us were to ever talk to a therapist, we should pay the bill in Cash money, and Do Not use insurance. The reason being that, if the insurance is used the therapist is going to Falsely assign a mental disorder to the patient, because the insurance companies will not pay the bill if they don't.

Falsely labeling someone as mentally ill to collect the insurance money is outright Fraud, but according to her the entire mental health industry is doing it.

It will only cost me $118 per hour; they decide the number of hours. After the horrible experience I had with them I am 100% positive that I will be charged thousands of dollars and still not get the permit!

and "they" are somehow claiming you are the one who is insane!

My roots are too deep here. I spent 11 years building my own home with cash money. It is paid for and in this economy I would have to sell for pennies on the dollar. Also I am 1.5 years into a college education at my local community college.

I have read that veterans who have PTSD have had their gun rights taken away because they are considered to be mentally Ill. That is so Wrong!

During the summer semester I had a psychology class. The instructor is a Doctor. She warned the class that if any of us were to ever talk to a therapist, we should pay the bill in Cash money, and Do Not use insurance. The reason being that, if the insurance is used the therapist is going to Falsely assign a mental disorder to the patient, because the insurance companies will not pay the bill if they don't.

Falsely labeling someone as mentally ill to collect the insurance money is outright Fraud, but according to her the entire mental health industry is doing it.

You chose to stay. Do something about the situation. Write/call your legislators to get NC's asinine laws changed. Pay the bucks and get your permit. Tough, but it's your chosen home. Do something!

Sorry about the situation, and best of luck.

" Write/call your legislators to get NC's asinine laws changed."
OH BELIEVE ME I HAVE! Many Times, I have wrote letters to Senator R. Burr, Congressman P. McHenry, NC general assembly Rep Mark Hilton, Senator Austin M. Allran, the attorney general Roy Cooper, and NC governors M. Easley and B. Perdue! They Do Not Care! As for paying the Corrupt S.O.B.; That is condoning Corruption!

I cannot get legislation changed by myself, but if enough citizens start objecting to the asinine laws, things may change. Right now very few American citizens are aware of the Anti Gunners Mental Health Trap! I only found out about it after I applied for a CCW permit and was Denied, Not by the sheriff, but by one man, Gordon Cappelletty, PH.D. clinical director of Familynet, Hickory NC. ( Since he is a government official and paid by tax dollars, I will use his name and the business name.) That S.O.B. has accused me of being a drug addict and then insinuated that if I paid him $118 for his substance abuse evaluation this little problem could go away! His exact words were, in reference to the evaluation: " It's nothing to worry about, lots of people have to do it and it is only $118." What's that sound like to you?

" Write/call your legislators to get NC's asinine laws changed."
That S.O.B. has accused me of being a drug addict and then insinuated that if I paid him $118 for his substance abuse evaluation this little problem could go away! His exact words were, in reference to the evaluation: " It's nothing to worry about, lots of people have to do it and it is only $118." What's that sound like to you?

Well, considering that your required training course will run you $75-100, and license fee is $85, plus $10 for fingerprints, I think I'd pop for another $118 to get my record cleaned up.

I agree that the system apparently is unfair, but so are a lot of other things in our daily lives.

JMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back