Building a Long Range Rifle

Link Removed
My Remington SPS Tactical AAC in .308 with a Timney trigger (not sure the weight, but adjusted it down to just heavy enough that the bolt doesn't set it off), a H-S Precision stock, a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 BDC scope, and a JP Enterprises muzzle brake. She'll split hairs at 100yds :)

It's also got a tactical bolt knob and a few extra little amenities.

Nice build.....Do you shoot longer than 500 yards?

Did you use a laser bore sight first and at what yardage? I have one and the directions say to place the card 25 ft from the barrel so I did that but should have I then redid it at 50 yds then actually shoot it at 100 yds? Did you clean the barrel after every couple rounds or so? Being a novice I am likely doing many things wrong. It took me 20 rounds to get it sighted in or at least I think it is. I didn't use any sand bags just a bipod which loosened after about 10 rounds causing some difficulties until I tightened it up again.

When zeroing always bench or bag your gun making sure you have a rear rest for the buttstock............

Nice build.....Do you shoot longer than 500 yards?

Where I'm at we don't have anything public bigger than 250yds and I have a friend who's got a range on his land that goes out to 600yds but it's about 2 hours away and haven't had the chance to make the trip. It's coming though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back