Bought new FNX 9

CapGun

Picked it up last week. Hope to shoot it later today or definitely tomorrow.
I like the smooth first DA pull. It came with 3 mags and it is completely "ambi" including the slide lock.
Maybe have more to tell later this week. Hope I do.

Great choice for a handgun. FNH USA and FN Herstal have a long history of well made guns. Excellent customer service. I have the FNX's predecessor, the FNP 9. It is from 2003 and still going strong. I am looking forward to your report. And I know the feeling of a new gun you can't try yet!

Finally getting back on this.
Went to indoor range two weeks ago with the new FNX 9. Not an expert on testing and review but this is what I did.
Shot a total of 140 rounds. 70 of 115gr. Winchester FMJ
30 124 gr. Federal American Eagle
15 147 gr. Winchester JHP
25 124 gr. +P Speers Gold Dot JHP
No problems whatsoever. They don't call me "deadeye" but I was happy with the accuracy of the gun. I shot some at 9' but most were at 15 and 21'. I did some "same hole drills" and surprised myself by putting quite a few in the same hole. Must have been the gun not me. That was at 15'. The 147 gr. jhp seemed very accurate to me. I will shoot the Gold Dot and the 147 gr. again and make a more conscious comparison between the two again. The +p Gold Dot might take more getting used to.
It was a decent variety of ammo with no problems. Everything was very nice. So far I would recommend the FNX 9. It has a 4" barrel which is long enough for good ballistics and accuracy and not too long to CC. Plus it is completely "ambi". My last shot of the day was one long shot at 50' (long for me). I put it in the 6" circle. Not right in the middle but between the edge and the middle. Good enough for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back