Blazer ammo

hogwylde

I've always bought my ammo at WalMart but being that I cannot find ammo (easily), I decided to "bite the bullet" and pay more at my LGS so I can shoot my new M&P 40 Shield t his weekend and much to my surprise, his prices rivaled or beat WalMart IMO. I ended up buying 2 (50ct) boxes of Blazer FMJ (165gr) for $18.85 each. Are their prices that respectable or is Blazer "cheap" ammo? I have never fired Blazer.

Blazer ammo is produced by CCI and has been very reliable for me in my S&W 4006. I have shot over 2,000 rounds of the 165 gr. FMJ brass case rounds through my pistol with no issues. If the price you paid of $18.85 was for brass case ammo it was a good deal. If it was for the aluminum case ammo it was not a great deal. I buy by the 1,000 round case and pay $19.90 a box of 50 brass. The aluminum is available at $16.99 a box. Case lots are shipped free.

I've always bought my ammo at WalMart but being that I cannot find ammo (easily), I decided to "bite the bullet" and pay more at my LGS so I can shoot my new M&P 40 Shield t his weekend and much to my surprise, his prices rivaled or beat WalMart IMO. I ended up buying 2 (50ct) boxes of Blazer FMJ (165gr) for $18.85 each. Are their prices that respectable or is Blazer "cheap" ammo? I have never fired Blazer.

Blazer is good ammo. I've used it for years as target ammo. It generally is less expensive than most other brands though.

I really like Blazer ammo. Price is good and has always worked when I shot it. Both brass and aluminum case. LGSs around me are no more expensive than crap mart I mean walmart.

Blazer and Federal Cartridge are both owned by ATK. Blazer ammo is made by some of the same machines that makes Federal Cartridge ammo. I have rebuilt and repaired machines for both Federal and Blazer. We had to follow the same specs for both Federal and Blazer on machines that we rebuilt and/or repaired.

IMHO Blazer is just as good as Federal. You are only paying for a brand name when buying Federal.

I have never had any problems with any Blazer ammo.

I finally got the opportunity to take my new .40Shield to the range yesterday and had zero issues with Blazer as the rest of you had said. :happy:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back