bit undecided

jg1967

I will soon be in the market for a new rifle and I am goin back and forth between a PTR91, a basic 5.45x39 SAIGA and a Arsenal AK74. For once my prime concern is not the purchase price but the fun factor of owning and shooting it and the cost of keeping it fed. Any thoughts?

I will soon be in the market for a new rifle and I am goin back and forth between a PTR91, a basic 5.45x39 SAIGA and a Arsenal AK74. For once my prime concern is not the purchase price but the fun factor of owning and shooting it and the cost of keeping it fed. Any thoughts?

I have three Arsenal AKs two SGL-21 7.62x39s one SGL-31-74 5.45x39. I really love them all but as far as the ease of shooting the SGL-31 is the sure winner. Arsenal does a great job of converting the Russian built rifle.

The HK design has poor ergonomics(unless one is a troll) and is highly finicky as to what you feed it.

I had a PTR91 and quickly regretted the purchase.

The sights need an expensive tool to adjust, the safety is hard to reach, it kick way harder than a gas gun!

The accuracy was indifferent, although better than most AK types.

-Doc

Hard to beat an AK for fun and cost of ammo. If the 91 that you're looking at is a .308 then expect to pay more per trigger pull than with a x39 platform.

I just got the Arsenal SGL31-61, took her for a spin yesterday along with a Saiga 7.62x39 I'm converting. The 5.45x39 cartridge can be a LOT less expensive to shoot versus a 7.62 NATO rifle, and I'm doing double taps with it.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back