Biometric Gun Safes

captbubba

I'm looking to purchase a biometric gun safe for my pistol. Curious to know what are the good & bad ones out there. Willing to pay for a quality safe.

If you do get one keep a backup plan available. Even the good ones can have problems. Dry fingers can create reading problems that will drive you mad. Nothing like getting out of the shower and can't get to your weapon.

It's a great concept especially with small children around. Most of the time they work just fine.

This is the one I use.
Personal Biometric Gun Safe ? LockSAF Products

Here's the one I have; it's been outstanding. Never a problem getting into it and it holds two pistols with extra mags. 9G Products INPRINT Biometric Fingerprint Handgun & Pistol Safe. Love it.

Do yourself a favor and keep at least one gun readily available and not in a safe. People seem to have this perception that attacks are long, slow, and foreseeable, allowing you to go get your gun from a locked safe and then grab something to eat and then be ready to defend yourself.

In reality attacks are often fast and offer no time to prepare or react, so keep a gun ready to go. The biometric safe only works for when the burglar calls you, warns you that in a few minutes they will be breaking through your back window, and gives you time to go get your locked up gun and prepare for a battle.

That safe sure wont work so great when you wake up to a person standing in your bedroom at 3AM holding a weapon.

Biometric safes are great, as long as you don't think of them as "quick-access" safes. That was the mistake I originally made, but periodic instances of failing to open on the first try in conjunction with the necessary scan time made me re-think things a little.

Now I keep one gun on top of the safe, rather than inside, for quick access. It's up high. I have 3 little ones under the age of 8. If they were motivated to do so, I'm certain they could figure out a way to climb up and get it. However, they know they can handle my guns any time they wish (unloaded of course); all they have to do is ask, and be under my supervision.

You might consider one with a pushbutton mechanical lock. They are usually more robust in their construction and the lock will last many years if not a lifetime. Replacement locks are available if you do eventually wear it out. V-Line, Fort Knox and FAS1 Safe are some examples that have different designs and features.

Link Removed

I have a Barska Safe and I love it. It's accessible at night, and it has audio feedback. you can disable the beep, and the only thing I will do is put a little bit of tape over the LED confirmation lights because at night, they'll shine, but it works well. I got mine primarily to keep my daughter away.

If time is a factor, the few moments it takes to put your fingers on the separate scanning tabs and then wait for the safe to open, might be just too long in a real emergency. The idea of having a gun readily available to access it ASAP, will be the best resort just as long as it’s only available to you or your wife. Gun safes are great against burglars, but in the case of a real emergency, there too slow to access, you just don’t have enough time when you really need it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back