best holster for non-belt use

matthewwiz

I wear scrubs to and from work, and since I often run errands on the way home, I wanted a holster that would work with my scrubs. I have tried the Sticky Holster which worked fine at first, but after a while, factory front sight of my gun began to snag in the holster. Any suggestions on a holster that works when no belt is available?

Thanks from a new CC

Tim

I did this to several leather AIWB holsters for use with Sweat pants, shorts or ETC, I removed the spring clip and replaced it with an Ulticlip from Crossbreed holsters. This grips the material of the pants very firmly and keeps the pistol in place. The set-up also works on regular pants by attaching the clip to the pants behind the belt.

Congrats on your permit.

I've been wearing a Pistol Wear Trump Card Subcompact Concealment Holster nearly everyday for about 3 years now. When I went looking for an everyday carry holster my first requirement was that it must not be dependent on a belt. I wanted something that I could use with shorts and a t-shirt but also something I could use with a tucked in shirt. With this holster the gun is completely enclosed and it's the only holster of this sort that I have found that has a positive retention strap (this could be tucked in the pouch or cut off if you didn't want to use it but you will use it). Why is this important? I've read stories here of people using 'belly bands' and having their gun 'squeeze' out and land on the floor when bending down :eek:. With this holster you could jog, do jumping jacks or whatever with no worries :dance3:. Also, it is completely noise-free, i.e. no velcro ripping sound when you draw. But even more important in my opinion is that while it is velcro adjustable for size you do not have to 'rip' all that velcro apart each time you take it off because it has 3 snaps near the pouch so once your size is adjusted it is very quick and quiet to take off and put on. They do have other models to choose from and your mileage my very but this holster has worked very well for me. :cool:.
Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle.

Congrats on your permit.

I've been wearing a Pistol Wear Trump Card Subcompact Concealment Holster nearly everyday for about 3 years now. When I went looking for an everyday carry holster my first requirement was that it must not be dependent on a belt. I wanted something that I could use with shorts and a t-shirt but also something I could use with a tucked in shirt. With this holster the gun is completely enclosed and it's the only holster of this sort that I have found that has a positive retention strap (this could be tucked in the pouch or cut off if you didn't want to use it but you will use it). Why is this important? I've read stories here of people using 'belly bands' and having their gun 'squeeze' out and land on the floor when bending down :eek:. With this holster you could jog, do jumping jacks or whatever with no worries :dance3:. Also, it is completely noise-free, i.e. no velcro ripping sound when you draw. But even more important in my opinion is that while it is velcro adjustable for size you do not have to 'rip' all that velcro apart each time you take it off because it has 3 snaps near the pouch so once your size is adjusted it is very quick and quiet to take off and put on. They do have other models to choose from and your mileage my very but this holster has worked very well for me. :cool:.
Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle.

What's your motivation for wearing the Trump Card holster? It seems to be a shoulder holster that is worn underneath a shirt. That's very difficult if not impossible to access when you actually need it.

What's your motivation for wearing the Trump Card holster? It seems to be a shoulder holster that is worn underneath a shirt. That's very difficult if not impossible to access when you actually need it.

Worn as a shoulder holster is an option with the Trump Card. It attaches with an additional piece of velcro and is not attached by default. This holster is generally worn around the waist anywhere comfortable generally between cross draw and appendix. I personally pitched the shoulder holster portion in a drawer as I agree that part is useless.

Worn as a shoulder holster is an option with the Trump Card. It attaches with an additional piece of velcro and is not attached by default. This holster is generally worn around the waist anywhere comfortable generally between cross draw and appendix. I personally pitched the shoulder holster portion in a drawer as I agree that part is useless.

You mean like this?

Link Removed

Yes, or this.

Link Removed

And I've changed my mind regarding the shoulder holster option.
I'll say that while it doesn't really work for me, somebody else might use this for a backup or 2nd gun maybe.? To each his own.

Link Removed

also, I think this is a good picture to show you how NOT to draw from this holster. I suggest you train so that your grasp pushes the muzzle AWAY from your body not toward yourself as show in this picture.

Link Removed

I initially didn't even see the waist option on their Website. That's why I was asking.

I carry with an ankle holster under most of my work clothes. The one i have is backed with neoprene and is very comfortable. i got mine from Ebay a store title Daltechforce. It is very well made and I have worn it for about 3 months and is holding up great.

I carry with an ankle holster under most of my work clothes. The one i have is backed with neoprene and is very comfortable. i got mine from Ebay a store title Daltechforce. It is very well made and I have worn it for about 3 months and is holding up great.

Speaking of ankle holsters, the Galco Ankle Glove is the best I have ever used. Its sheepskin padding makes it really comfortable. I personally do not need the calf strap. I use it to carry a Glock 26 as a backup sometimes.

My LCP II gives me a true pocket option. Using the pocket holster that came with the gun it will fit in my back pocket just like a billfold.
Or in just about any pocket I have in my coat, vest or pants.

It also easily fits my "cheap" belly band.

It's winter. You have a shirt, sweater and coat on. A situation arises. How in the hell are you ever going to get to you gun through all that clothing, with this funky holster?

The best non belt holster is the one that works best for you. Everyone has their own preference and likes. SO one needs to search and try sometimes many before they find what works for them.

I also wear scrubs to my job and I carry with an elastic belly band, I have found the side load bb from Daltech is the best when it comes to concealment. I have tried several other things and this the one product I rely on. I carry a Ruger LCP and it works out great. And very comfortable with the lining.

Did I miss what pistol you're carrying?

My wife is an MD and wears scrubs in a PHX ER. She carries her Glock 43 in a simple Galco suede clip-on IWB. The drawstring in the sweats are plenty strong to hold that light of a pistol and her scrub top covers it perfectly. She practices draw/fire from that mode of carry and there is no holster lift or sight drag. Food for thought.

I don't know how tight scrubs are to the waist, but I use Remora holsters for all my guns, either appendix carry or pocket they work great. Check their website I know they added many more models maybe one will be what your looking for.

I carry a H&K45CT in a safariland 578 with the paddle. I like the locking mechanism. I can easily move my pistol from the 2:00 position around to the 4:00 position.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back