Best flashlight

Mags

While I still have my old Maglite comfortably nestled in a safe easily accessible location....

I started looking for one which fit my hand perfectly, was highly recommended and researched (remember, always check if it fits your grip well, will stay put in use and works all the time - for all weapons), and one that I felt was worth the money.

I ended up finding my perfect fit in the 'Flash, Bash and Dash' Self-Defense Flashlight

Designed by police for police. CREE LED 310 ANSI brilliant white light for blinding attacker or for lighting up a bus over 100 feet away. This is O-Ring sealed and waterproof - yes, I do have to be in the rain sometimes and want to holding my flashlight.

One of the biggest decisions is the weight - it is precision machined, high-strength aircraft aluminum - which is not only indestructible, but also powerful enough to deliver a serious blow (if ever needed).

I have had many people hand me their flashlight which was heavier and could immediately tell the weak points, and yes, I pointed them out and showed them mine. Heavier does not always mean better, or of better use, except in a good duty belt.

And yes, Certified Armed Security Guard being unarmed is definitely an oxy-moron....

Be Safe!

While I still have my old Maglite comfortably nestled in a safe easily accessible location....

I started looking for one which fit my hand perfectly, was highly recommended and researched (remember, always check if it fits your grip well, will stay put in use and works all the time - for all weapons), and one that I felt was worth the money.
I acquired my "perfect" flashlight at the beginning of my 36-year law enforcement career, way back in 1977. My favorite flashlight is a 6-cell, C-size made by Kel-lite of Barstow, California. It is long enough to "reach out" and touch someone, and is perfectly balanced. It is the perfect size in your hand, not too big or small in diameter, and is crafted of aircraft aluminim. It has been retrofitted with a new style bulb that increases battery life and beam intensity. It is an excellent flashlight and can become a perfect club, as necessary. I use it for both home and vehicle security, and never want to be without it....

Selecting the best flashlight is like picking the best handgun. There are just too many to chose from. I own more flashlights than I do firearms. Among my current "active" collection are 4 Surefires, 5 Streamlights, 6 Maglights (LED) and about 12 off-brand names that offer a lot of bang for the buck. At one time I was strictly Surefire and it wasn't a true flashlight if it didn't use CR123's. But times have changed along with selections and prices. Today you can get almost the same light output from a single AA battery that once required two CR123's. My current favorite is a Streamlight ProTac HL. That thing is insanely bright! I just hope the zombies are afraid of the light.

I purchased my first LED flashlight. HDS EDC rotary 250. For me I like it since it is compact, very durable and I can change the brightness by turning the rotary dial. You can program at least 3 different things to happen by the number of times you press the switch such as full burst, sos, disorientation strobe, search for me strobe, etc... not cheap with lifetime guarantee.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using USA Carry mobile app

I guess the selection of a flashlight is based on your application? you want to use it as a club... you want to jack light deer in the pasture 200 yards deep at midnight, or do you need to light your way down a dark path.. ??? do you care about size.. or convenience.. looking to illuminate 20 feet, or 200 feet? IN my 70 years of life.. I have never carried a flashlight that illuminated a football field at midnight, I never considered using a flashlight as a club but that's just me... I would not be caught carrying a 6 cell tactical flashlight in public.. I have my cell phone light to illuminate a path in the dark.. I have a mini mag light in the car and a 12 V 900 lumens floodlight in the car. AS far as an EDC flashlight, in 40 years of canceled carry, I never had the need IM not playing Gi Joe...IM not playing cops a robbers and don't feel the need to investigate a dark closet while at the mall with my grandchildren.. at night, IM home.. and have multiple flashlights through out the house... While I do carry every waking moment.. no need to add more unnecessary stuff. and extra magazine is pushing it .. but I do always carry an extra..

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back