BERETTA 92FS info wanted

barrygray0

I just ordered a BERETTA 92FS and I am wondering what you folks think of it ? ? ? ? ? Since it does not come with adjustable sights should I order a set of adjustable sights ? ? ? ? ? ?

No, just sell the overpriced Baretta and buy a Taurus PT99! It is just like the Baretta. But has the safety on the frame instead of the slide AND it has adjustable sights.

It's a very nice gun. I had one some years back. I used a TruGlo TFO Tritium Fiber-optic sight on it (have them on all my larger guns). Bright green sights in all light conditions including pitch black. Good for aging or strained eyes too. The rear sight is manually adjustable by loosening the lock screw and tapping. Better to use a sight adjustment tool though. I miss that gun. it was a really accurate and fun gat.

I dont think the 92FS is overpriced... It was my first pistol, and I enjoy owning/carrying it to this day - The only thing id say bad about it, is the trigger spring failed after 8ish years and kinda is a pain to remove.. once it broke - I replaced it with Wolf upgrade from Midway - I also upgraded/replaced the recoil spring not long after.
*edit* its only a minor pain (literal when the trigger bar spring poked my finger) - but still can be annoying if its your first time doing complete disassemble. plenty of stuff online to help now though..

Shop around - as some stores seem to have a higher markup then others..

My only question would be, are you getting the A1 92FS? with the lower rail? or the plain 92FS?
I kinda want a newer A1 version - but it will have to wait until money is available..

About the only odd thing noticed so far, at least on my Beretta, is that it seems more accurate dirty (after 10-25rds fired or so) then freshly cleaned.. its just been my experience since owning it for last 14ish years. Im not super great target shooter or anything - but I seem to get tighter groups when its dirty.

Taurus does make a clone that is suppose to be fairly decent, often times the Taurus 92 is close to the same price in stores. Only a bargain if you pick up private party.

I would still rather have a beretta over a Taurus anyway. I want to shoot my gun and not have to send it back for repairs all the time.

Taurus does make a clone that is suppose to be fairly decent, often times the Taurus 92 is close to the same price in stores. Only a bargain if you pick up private party.

I would still rather have a beretta over a Taurus anyway. I want to shoot my gun and not have to send it back for repairs all the time.

I had a Taurus PT-92 (until the ex-wife stole it) that for the many years I had it was far better than any M9 I ever shot in the military. I liked to target shoot, so I put an adjustable rear sight on it:
Link Removed

This is the trigger spring I installed to replace the broken factory one.
Link Removed

I kinda want to see what the "extra power" version does for the trigger pull - but the factory one is good.. they also have a reduced power spring too if your inclined..

These also work for Taurus clones too obviously..

If you can get it for a good price they probably work great. I've heard they shoot every bit as good. I just can't justify paying $600 for the Taurus when the beretta is the same price new. (That's what the large gun store I work at has them for.)

When you pick them up used for $300-425 they are pretty good deal.

I was hating on the company a little, I just don't have any desire after working at a gun shop and seeing all the ones that go out for repair (not the 92).
I shoot one revolver and it shoot good but as soon a box of .357 where out through it the parts holding the cylinder in broke. The rounds where factory low pressure ammo

The question of price came up. I ordered it from a company over the internet paying $ 550.00 . That is for a NEW BERETTA 92FS , extra 20 round magazine {kit includes two 17 round magazines** and a cheap holster . From what checking I have done this is a GREAT PRICE !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back