Belly Band Battles

draexo

Can anyone entertain me with their impression of belly bands. I have a IWB now but its a bit awkward. I know everyone has different opinions. I was interested in trying one of these as a friend has one (but due to different sizes I can not try his). Any thoughts?

I use one. Tried a belt holster, tried a shoulder holster, but when I got the belly-band I knew I was home at last. It's comfortable, and the one I have has pockets for six spare magazines. Since I only have two spares, I carry a knife and a small flashlight in two of them, and misc or nothing in the other two. It also has a pocket for my CCL. The one I have is by Blue Stone. There's many of them on the market, some for two guns, some for left side carry.

Can anyone entertain me with their impression of belly bands. I have a IWB now but its a bit awkward. I know everyone has different opinions. I was interested in trying one of these as a friend has one (but due to different sizes I can not try his). Any thoughts?

If you are in desperate need of phenomenally deep conceal carry, then it is decent. However, I find it awkward to draw (deeper cover usually means harder to draw). Also, in hot weather, sweat will wick through to your firearm. After a few months, my belly band started stretching out (and I did not use but a couple time a week to test it). I therefore, had to start pulling it tighter. After awhile, I gave up on it.

Definitely better for deep cover. Also great for different types of clothing that doesn't have a stiff waist band. (Probably more handy for a woman who has several different needs.) Yes, they're hotter in summer. I exchanged to a smaller size and I'm glad I did, as it's stretching out a bit. But, overall I still love mine!

It is ok for short term carry ( couple of hours ) long term it's hot and will rub raw spots on you if the velcro isn't lined up perfectly. I use mine but not as a primary way to carry.

I have a band that has 2 pockets, each meant for a firearm, but I suppose I could use one side for a magazine. The only way I felt comfortable was to wear the band chest high and cross-draw like a shoulder holster. Problem was time it took to get a buttoned shirt open to do so. Here in TX you can wear cowboy shirts with snaps and not look out of place, that speeds up getting the shirt open, and I know guys carrying IWB with snap shirts for that reason.
Bottom line, I agree about hot, I perspired under it even in winter. But I agree it is a good DEEP cover way to carry.
I guess the best way to explain it is to say it's like carrying a firearm using a big rubber band.

I'm sure there are some good products out there. I have a pistol wear. It is not a belly band but more like a fanny pack and is made of a neoprene type of material and the side that touches your skin is water proof. I use it for jogging. I would encourage you to seek out a quality holster/belt system and carry apendix or strong side hip. Just my advice for what its worth to make one of these methods of carry work for you. there are systems out there that make it very comfortable and after a few days the awkwardness goes away. I posted a review of the Remora holster on this forum that may interest you. Also look into some of the hybrid IWB holsters like Crossbreed or Old Faithful. What do you currently use for a holster/Belt?

the one's I've seen are too soft-pliable. I made one that has overlapping bands of velcro, in the small of the back, and has a stiffening material where it's needed. The right amout of suede, in the right places, is needed for comfort. "mink oil' or some similar waterproofing for leather, or Kydex for the actual holster material, can beat the sweat problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back