BCI instructor course

Tdunlap

Us Investigation And Protection Agency will be hosting a Utah Concealed Carry Instructor Course at our Oakbrook Terrace office. Classes will be taught by Jeff Dunn and Phillip Lieker from Utah Department of Public Safety. Class my dates are May 2nd and again on May 3rd. More info and registration is on our website.Link Removed

For those that don't know... BCI stands for Bureau of Criminal Identification.

This is the UT governmental department that hands out the "permission slips".

I figured I'd chime in since the above abbreviation was used without clarification.

I agree with you - BCI does stand for Bureau of Criminal Identification. But they do a heck of a lot more than hand out "permission slips". They process, verify, do all the background checks, certify, print, Investigate and much, much more! I'm amazed at how much they do - and how much they are continuing to make sure the process is legal. Thanks BCI for all you do.

I am a UTAH Concealed Carry firearms Instructor. Our group also teaches this fine course - as required by Utah (BCI) law. This is a 4 hour class (which sometimes may go to 4.5 hours if we have someone asking a lot of questions). We teach Utah monthly - up to 3 times a month at our McHenry and Gurnee, Illinois locations.

Check us out at Link Removed

I agree with you - BCI does stand for Bureau of Criminal Identification. But they do a heck of a lot more than hand out "permission slips". They process, verify, do all the background checks, certify, print, Investigate and much, much more! I'm amazed at how much they do - and how much they are continuing to make sure the process is legal. Thanks BCI for all you do.

I am a UTAH Concealed Carry firearms Instructor. Our group also teaches this fine course - as required by Utah (BCI) law. This is a 4 hour class (which sometimes may go to 4.5 hours if we have someone asking a lot of questions). We teach Utah monthly - up to 3 times a month at our McHenry and Gurnee, Illinois locations.

Check us out at Link Removed

While I think it is admirable that you commend an entity for doing hard work. The fact is they DO issue "permission slips" for something that is supposed to be a right. I really don't care how diligent they are at their jobs. Their jobs are an affront to the 2nd Amendment.

I've also been through the course. Calling it a fine course is a bit of a stretch. There is good information in the packet. The instructors are allowed to add to the course, and maybe your group does and does an excellent job with it, but in essence, the only requirement is to read through that packet to the students. Really? A "fine course". There is no requirement for learning to hold a weapon, learning how to operate it, shooting it, etc. I wouldn't call it a fine course. Add to that, there should be no requirement for getting a permission slip in order to exercise a right.

Do you ask the government for a permission slip in order to attend the church of your choosing? Do you get a permission slip from the government in order to be able to post comments on USA Carry? Do you get a permission slip in order to plead the 5th before you have to plead the 5th? The answer is a resounding no. But somehow, some people are fine and dandy with the excessive infringements on our 2nd amendment right, so much so that they will post how wonderful the system of infringement is and how fine the requirements are for getting those infringements. This sir, I do not get.

While I think it is admirable that you commend an entity for doing hard work. The fact is they DO issue "permission slips" for something that is supposed to be a right. I really don't care how diligent they are at their jobs. Their jobs are an affront to the 2nd Amendment.

I've also been through the course. Calling it a fine course is a bit of a stretch. There is good information in the packet. The instructors are allowed to add to the course, and maybe your group does and does an excellent job with it, but in essence, the only requirement is to read through that packet to the students. Really? A "fine course". There is no requirement for learning to hold a weapon, learning how to operate it, shooting it, etc. I wouldn't call it a fine course. Add to that, there should be no requirement for getting a permission slip in order to exercise a right.

Do you ask the government for a permission slip in order to attend the church of your choosing? Do you get a permission slip from the government in order to be able to post comments on USA Carry? Do you get a permission slip in order to plead the 5th before you have to plead the 5th? The answer is a resounding no. But somehow, some people are fine and dandy with the excessive infringements on our 2nd amendment right, so much so that they will post how wonderful the system of infringement is and how fine the requirements are for getting those infringements. This sir, I do not get.

Please feed this troll. He gets all twisted up and will totally lie about his resume just to add more force to his argument. Pretty amusing.

I enjoyed the course for what it was.

Utah BCI Instructor's Firearms Instructors License Training

This is an opportunity to take the required Utah License to Carry Instructors License training from the Utah Bureau of Identification without the expense of travel to Utah. Typically, taking this training in Salt Lake City will run in excess of $500 (airfare, hotel, transfers, and class fees).

Those interested in attending the NACFI sponsored Utah License to Carry Instructors' course being held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at the St. Louis Airport on September 13th beginning at 11am. You may register for this course at:

https://www.nacfi.us...p?courseid=7560 or,
https://www.nacfi.us...p?courseid=7561

If you would like to register by phone, please call Tim Grant at 612-396-9213.

This is the last time the Utah Bureau of identification will be holding this course outside of Salt Lake City.

Seating is limited.

Should you need a hotel room, a block of rooms has been reserved for this event at a highly reduced rate of $89.00 plus applicable taxes. Please call the Crowne Plaza at 314-291-6700 and use the reservation code ACF .

I look forward to meeting you on Sept. 13th to complete this required training.
Tim
Tim Grant
NACFI.us
(o) 952-935-2414
© 612-396-9213

This is a resurrected thread why? Oh yeah, free advertising. I notice that no one posting is a contributing member on this site. Gee, smells like an old liter box to me. JMHO

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back