Bass Pro Shops...Really

You can conceal carry as a customer at Bass Pro. But the company owns several lodges where employees are not even allowed to keep a firearm in their personal vehicle. Big Cedar and Top of the Rock in Missouri are two of them.

Lots of employees there like to hit the deer woods before work. They can't, since they would have to take their gun home afterward. Also, bartenders and servers who leave there at night with large sums of cash would like to at least have a firearm in their vehicle for when they leave lodge property. No. Not allowed.

Don't get me wrong. I like Bass Pro. I worked there. It's a good company.

But it is the zenith of hypocrisy for a company that makes untold millions from guns and ammo to deny employees a chance to protect themselves.

Yes, I bartended there. Yes, I had a gun locked in my truck for when i left with my nightly tip money. Yes, they would have been within their rights to fire me had it become known.

I hope they change that policy to at least allow firearms in cars.

If I'm not mistaken, those properties are on the Corp of Engineers lakes. (I'm not sure the properties are not partially leased.) Thus, they may have no choice because firearms have been illegal of COE/TVA lakes & lands since I was a mere pup.

I'm not saying that's the whole reason behind it. But, it may have entered into agreement & development talks when these properties were under development. IF it's BP policy, I think it would be more widespread.

Thankfully, there has been some recent legislation introduced to remedy that problem. (Time will tell)

-

But like you, tcox, i hope they do pass legislation to fix it. In many states an employer cannot keep you from having a weapon secured in your own private vehicle. Missouri has not yet followed suit.

I am a FREE MAN.... mappow and nosreme are very obviously not.... They are too scared or indoctrinated to even realize they could be free men also....

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; ― Robert A. Heinlein
Not trying to be belligerent but if you find them "tolerable" then you agree to some of the chains of society.
-
I do like the quote and have read a lot of Heinlein. Like Asimov and Bradbury as well.

Not trying to be belligerent but if you find them "tolerable" then you agree to some of the chains of society.
-
I do like the quote and have read a lot of Heinlein. Like Asimov and Bradbury as well.
Not at all..... I agree to no chains.... never have, never will... YOU FAIL to comprehend what a free man is... Tolerating something has nothing to do with ACCEPTING it.... I live free, yet I follow (tolerate) what "laws" I MUST when the price of not following them is higher than I am willing to pay at the moment...

I TOLERATE my neighbors doing crap I do not approve of, because I RESPECT their RIGHT to do what it is they are doing, and I wish the same FREEDOM I give them, in fact I do NOT tolerate them infringing on my RIGHTS.... Why would I live any different out in public?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back