Az cwp

foots402

Just to let you know that you can get an AZ non-resident CWP for $60 within 2wks. It covers a lot more states then New Hampshire and PA non-resident. I got mine back in 12 days.

"I've been pushing the AZ Permit over the FL permit due to the cost savings. Renewal is only $43 and the prints do not have to be taken by LEO.

Reciprocity Map

and if you have a home state permit you can likely use that for your training requirement...assuming you needed training to receive your home state permit.

AZ 13-3112

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current national rifle association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

4. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable.

I agree the AZ non resident would be better than my NH, but I understand that to obtain the permit, you must physically take their 8 hr course in AZ. Question? Can you now do it by mail like NH? Would be nice, but also planning to go to AZ this spring and take test then if I have to. Cost would be the 60 plus another 50 or 60 for teacher.

I agree the AZ non resident would be better than my NH, but I understand that to obtain the permit, you must physically take their 8 hr course in AZ. Question? Can you now do it by mail like NH? Would be nice, but also planning to go to AZ this spring and take test then if I have to. Cost would be the 60 plus another 50 or 60 for teacher.

Completely thru the mail. Any of the training options that I posted above will suffice. Call or email them to have app packet mailed to you...mail it back...turn around time about 2 weeks.

Thank you for the confirmation. Will call them today for app packet.

When you get your APP make sure you put SC-CWP on back middle and sign it also send a copy of your SC-CWP certificate and finger print cards and $60 money order. You will also need to send a copy of you CWP front and back.

All you need for AZ CWP is a application from them. Make sure you put SC-CWP on back middle and sign it also send a copy of your SC-CWP certificate and finger print cards and $60 money order. You will also need to send a copy of you CWP front and back.

All you need for AZ CWP is a application from them. Make sure you put SC-CWP on back middle and sign it also send a copy of your SC-CWP certificate and finger print cards and $60 money order. You will also need to send a copy of you CWP front and back.

Copy of your permit OR training certificate....you do not need to supply both. :no:

I only sent a copy of my NRA Basic cert...no copies of any of my permits... no problem.

Why would you think you need to send both?

Thats what they told me to do a copy of the tranning certificate and a copy of my CWP front and back. They would not know if you got a permit from your home state if you don't send it. By you just sending your NRA Basic will that be enough?

Thats what they told me to do a copy of the tranning certificate and a copy of my CWP front and back. They would not know if you got a permit from your home state if you don't send it. By you just sending your NRA Basic will that be enough?

They told you? Did you bother to read and understand the application process? According to ARS § 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), this is the procedure.

6. Has ever satisfactorily completed a firearms safety training program authorized by the department of public safety pursuant to subsection N, paragraph 1 of this section or has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:
(b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9 of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.
(c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section.

Link Removed

That looks an awful lot like one or the other to me. Do you always trust government employees to know, or even care, what the right way to do things is?

They told you? Did you bother to read and understand the application process? According to ARS § 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), this is the procedure.

6. Has ever satisfactorily completed a firearms safety training program authorized by the department of public safety pursuant to subsection N, paragraph 1 of this section or has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:
(b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9 of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.
(c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section.

Link Removed

That looks an awful lot like one or the other to me. Do you always trust government employees to know, or even care, what the right way to do things is?

Yes I read it did you its right there in front of your eyes.
(d)An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current national rifle association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

4. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable

Yes I read it did you its right there in front of your eyes.

(b) or (c) or (d)....not all of them.

Unlike CT and NH...You don't have to have another permit in order to get the AZ permit...

I received my AZ permit in October 2010...again with only the NRA Basic Cert

From the statute:

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable.

Sent mine in a couple days ago. Included copy of my CWP, Training Cert and DD-214. Along with the other stuff of course. Though I would cover all the bases. Just waiting now. Have a SC Resident CWP, PA non-resident and hopefully the AZ non-resident. Only added Alabama and Mississippi but thats OK.

Certificate?

Received my CWP last year. Card only. Wife just received hers, card only. Sounds like everyone else is receiving certificates. Has anyone gotten their AZ permit without both?

Received my CWP last year. Card only. Wife just received hers, card only. Sounds like everyone else is receiving certificates. Has anyone gotten their AZ permit without both?

I think...the certificate you questioning...is the certificate they received for taking a training class...not something they receive WITH their state permit.

If you have a state permit that required training then a copy of that permit will suffice for training in order to receive an AZ permit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back