Armed robberies out of control here in SC

jettyjay

I am new to this site, I live just outside of North Myrtle beach. I have had a CWP here in SC for around 12 years or so.
I have owned guns most of my life,I just turned sixty in December. I carry everyday. I live on a farm just outside of the city.
And the armed robberies and home invasions seem to have hiked dramatically the last few years and especially the last year here.
We have had a rash of armed robberies from Georgetown to North Myrtle beach in the last week alone.
Last night there were two armed robberies locally. One at a Dollar general,shots fired no one injured, and about two hours later at a convenience gas station where a forty year old male employee was shot multiple times and was dead when the police arrived. In that case it was three black males according to a witness who was exiting a bathroom and saw one of them tell the employee to "give it up" then gun fire erupted. The details are still sketchy this earlier.
I am a frequent shopper in most of the dollar generals and most of the gas stations in my area.Thankfully, I have never had to draw my weapon ever.
I carry on my boat offshore as well. In the case of the latter robbery where three perps were involved I am not sure I would draw my weapon if I stumbled into that type of situation unless a weapon was pointed at me. And I might be shot on the spot. In the case of one perp coming in brandishing a weapon and maybe intent on killing anyone or everyone, in the establishment. I think it would be my duty to try to stop him. Anyone else have any thoughts on these scenarios? Thanks, jetty jay

Jay, I too live in N Myrtle Beach and am concerned by the happenings around here. I carry every waking minute when in my home or out. Being x law enforcement (many years ago) I have always been skiddish and you will find me sitting near the back of the diner with my back to the wall. I never go to the door after dark without my .45 or 9mm and never open it unless I know you.
When I am out I am especially watchful and even more so at night. Pumping gas I watch my surroundings at all times and try to limit my exposure. I have made it 68 years and hope to be here many more.
Be careful out there!

When ever there is a robbery, home invasion, or car jacking you can just about be certain (as in 99.5 percent) that it was committed by a black person. Most of them are to lazy to get (and keep) a job so they can buy things like honest hard working people do.

When ever there is a robbery, home invasion, or car jacking you can just about be certain (as in 99.5 percent) that it was committed by a black person. Most of them are to lazy to get (and keep) a job so they can buy things like honest hard working people do.
Makes me wonder is you actually know anyone who isn't white.

Makes me wonder is you actually know anyone who isn't white.
C'mon, you know he's right.
Anyone ever watch the TV show "The First 48?" It's nearly entirely black-on-black murder. Year after year of shows. Let's stop kidding ourselves about what's really going-on.

SC was just listed as one of the ten most dangerous states in America.

I am saddened, but not surprised. I have two homes here. One outside of town on a farm and the other is a waterfront beach condo. And I watch the local news daily and it has really become bad.
Especially armed robberies and home invasions.

I am saddened, but not surprised. I have two homes here. One outside of town on a farm and the other is a waterfront beach condo. And I watch the local news daily and it has really become bad.
Especially armed robberies and home invasions.
I feel for ya buddy. I live about 8 miles from the most dangerous city in NYS. Grew-up there. Sickening because it's a 250 year-old city surrounded by beautiful mountains with the Hudson River flowing in a panoramic view. Spectacular. Then, walk three blocks up and it's crack-central... death and destruction.

I am not sure I would draw my weapon if I stumbled into that type of situation unless a weapon was pointed at me.

When ever you need to pull your gun, life will become complicated for you. Behind every bullet waits a lawyer! As they say, best to be judge by 12 then died by 1

Wow, the wife and I vacation there in Myrtle beach a couple of months ago but I did have my g27 with my conversion barrel in .357 sig with and extra 13 rounds. I was always watching all around me doing that time until we went in the Hotel, we was there when all the kids was back in school. Be safe and always be arm, watch yourself.

I feel for ya buddy. I live about 8 miles from the most dangerous city in NYS. Grew-up there. Sickening because it's a 250 year-old city surrounded by beautiful mountains with the Hudson River flowing in a panoramic view. Spectacular. Then, walk three blocks up and it's crack-central... death and destruction.

I grew up in Brooklyn , then Staten Island from my twenties to thirty, then Florida till forty five, and now SC the last fifteen years. Crime is on the increase all over. Its sad.

Doesn't add up. Pro gun publications have shown gun sales up and crime rates down.
The more BG's get holes in themselves, the more they'll back down. Maybe, just maybe, the Liberal Media will start publishing "Armed Citizen vs Perp". One can only hope.

The more BG's get holes in themselves, the more they'll back down. Maybe, just maybe, the Liberal Media will start publishing "Armed Citizen vs Perp". One can only hope.

We can only hope but the lame stream media has already made up their mind to spew the anti-gun mantra.

I grew up near MB (Socastee) in the 70s. It was a different world then. I live up in Spartanburg now. We were just named the 8th most dangerous city in the nation, yes over Detroit, Philly, and LA. I carry everywhere I go. Luckily I've never needed to draw or use a weapon in self defense.

Reminds me of an interview with a Sheriff in the south (forgotten details, slept since then) when a reporter asked him when an armed, concealed carry person fires his weapon.

The sheriff couldn't have said it any better, "when a gun is pointed at him".

It's not just SC, but is rampant across the country.

Armed robberies and home invasions are common place today. Locally 2 home invasions have been in the news in the past week, the CVS that's just over a mile from my home has been robbed at gunpoint twice in the last 3 weeks.

And liberals with the help of the loony liberal media are 'cooking the books' so they can continue their nonsense that crime is down.

I retired as a Police Officer in 2010 after over 37 yrs service. I am NEVER without a hand gun on my person or close proximity thereto. Better safe then sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back