Ark. open carry bill fails to clear committee

gejoslin

Illegitimi non carborundu
Ark. open carry bill fails to clear committee

Posted: Mar 12, 2013 1:22 PM CDT

Link Removed

LITTLE ROCK (AP) - A proposal to allow the open carry of handguns in some parts of Arkansas has once again failed to clear a House panel.
The House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday voted 10-5 in favor of the measure, falling one vote short of the majority needed to advance to the full House. The bill failed before the panel by a two-vote margin last month.
The proposal would have allowed open carry in unincorporated areas of the state and would have protected concealed carry permit-holders who inadvertently display their weapons.
The measure by Republican Rep. Sue Scott originally called for open carry everywhere in the state with some exceptions.
The Arkansas State Police opposed the bill. Republican House Speaker Davy Carter and Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe have said they oppose open carry.
Very disappointing! Beebe and Carter will have a tough time come reelection time.

Ark. open carry bill fails to clear committee - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

No surprise there, anyone could see it's failure a mile away.

Yeah, your right. When it went back to committee it was all washed up. But it would have been nice if for one thing. The inadvertent showing of your CC weapon
not being legal. That's a problem we all face at one time or another.

Last edited:
Although I am licensed in NM. I go to Texas all the time, and they have laws against printing and brandishing. Depends on where you are and who is there if they say much, But sometimes you cannot help it if you expect to be able to draw your weapon in a timely manner. You must just be very careful. I was in a store just yesterday, and the owner has paid for all of his employees to get their license if they want. What a stand up Guy.

Yeah, your right. When it went back to committee it was all washed up. But it would have been nice if for one thing. The inadvertent showing of your CC weapon
not being illegal. That's a problem we all face at one time or another.

Oh no doubt but it will never pass as long as Beebe is in office. He's said that as long as he's in office and open carry comes across his desk, he'll veto it. So, basically if there is to be a hope for Open Carry to happen in Arkansas, we'll have to give his ass the boot....

First thing this winter I helped a dude get his car unstuck, while hooking up the strap my sweatshirt came up and I was flashing my pistol for everyone to see. After his car was free, dude says "Mind if I ask what you're carrying?".... I turned beat red, hand went pistol, dude laughed and said "Don't worry, I'm licensed and carrying too".... Still didn't make me feel better know that a cop could have driven by and I'd have lost my license, money, and possibly freedom.... Of course, it would have depended on the officer. But yeah, I'm all for the right to open carry, I just wont do it on purpose.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back