are you a minute man?

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
I have posted this challenge before...but practice makes perfect.
can you starting from a sitting postion at your dinner table, get up collect your bug out bag/survival vest, handgun, and primary weapon and make it out of your home in less than 60 seconds?

ok GO GO GO THE STUFF HAS HIT THE FAN...

I sure cant. when SHTF I plan on taking my time to collect my gear. I dont want to risk leaving anything behind, on top of that a 1 year old to get ready lol. I can say I use to be able to, just not any more.

can you starting from a sitting postion at your dinner table, get up collect your bug out bag/survival vest, handgun, and primary weapon and make it out of your home in less than 60 seconds?

no, I don't think that I'll ever be in any kind of situation that would force me to evacuate in 1 minute

I agree with the concept of shelter in place. Most of my plans are get home contingencies. The point being made is there is always an exception to the rule. If you live near prairies large fields or forrested/wooded areas wild fires are always a concern. Other reasons to leave quick fast and in a hurry are, railway chemical spill, highway tanker spill, nuclear power plant disaster, riots in the streets, financial collapse, storm surge, tsunami, earthquake, industrial plant explosion, roving gangs, and the list goes on and on. Plan for the worst, hope for the best and be mildly amused by everything in between.

I am not giving up my property unless it will cost me my life or freedom to stay...in that case all bets are off. Color me gone and deal me out.

The point of this exercise is to bring about a mindset for reaction to your environment and plan ahead for all possible plausible contigencies.

I plan specifically for hurricanes and tornado weather (we get both). I also plan for other contingencies, but not to the extent that I plan for what has the greatest possibility where I am at.

For example we live within a mile of both the RR tracks and a major highway. A chemical spill due to an accident is a very real possibility. There are a great many pulpwood farms here. The possibility exists for wild fires due to both natural and man made occurance. Living near a large military range also means that in the event of a downed aircraft or dropped object leaving the homestead may be necessitated as well.

so if needed? Can you make it out? In less than a minute?

Nope, it would take me at least 10 minutes to get out the door.

However, with that being said.... I have no plans to “bug out”. My current plan is to “bug in” so my biggest concern is to get home. If something happens while I am away from home, then yes, I could be on the road in a minute or less, even if it means walking.

If, however, something were to create the need to evacuate I would have several hours notice. For my location, just about the only kind of scenario that would put me in the position of having to pickup and leave home “right now” would be a Red Dawn type of scenario.

So, no I am not a Minute Man, but I am a 10 minute man.

I have no plans to leave my home. But, we have had to evac from another home a couple of times because of weather.

We did have a wildfire a few years ago when a neighbors kids caught the woods & field on fire playing with fireworks. But, I was laying out 100yds of hose & watering down my property before the FD ever got here.

Because of animals & other responsibilities it would be most difficult to evac today in a few minutes. Chances are if SHTF around here, friends neighbors & some local LEOs will be banding together to face whatever the threat is head on. When you live in the country forced evacs are almost never necessary. (Though, you may need to seek temporary shelter from mother nature every once in a while.)

-

I have no plans to leave my home. But, we have had to evac from another home a couple of times because of weather.

We did have a wildfire a few years ago when a neighbors kids caught the woods & field on fore playing with fireworks. But, I was laying out 100yds of hose & watering down my property before the FD ever got here.

Because of animals & other responsibilities it would be most difficult to evac today in a few minutes. Chances are if SHTF around here, friends neighbors & some local LEOs will be banding together to face whatever the threat is head on. When you live in the country forced evacs are almost never necessary. (Though, you may need to seek temporary shelter from mother nature every once in a while.)

-

Same here. Fire and tornado are the only things that would necessitate getting out fast, and likely with a tornado I'd still shelter here. I also have animals, so getting out that fast is pretty impossible. The last fire, there were tons of people posting on the sheriff's page offering to help those with large animals that couldn't get out right away. We'd probably just all get together and help each other out, whatever type of excrement hits the air conditioning.

I'll be bugging in. My wife has zero desire to go anyway so I am obligated to stay and protect her.
Besides, I have too many weapons to be able to carry all of them at one time. Not to mention all the ammo!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Are you kidding? I can't even find my cane and pants, in 60 seconds!:lol:

Well.... I personally don't think there will be even a one minute warning from the SWAT that sneaks up at O dark 30 and tosses several flash bangs + tear gas through the window. Oh wait.. what about the alarm system? Yeah... what about it? How fast can a person effectively! respond to an alarm set off by SWAT in the middle of the night?

But let's just say, for the sake of argument, that a family manages to prevail over a SWAT incursion. What would be next? Well ... Our wonderful government has the GPS co ordinates of our front doors (or close enough) so a chopper could just send a little missile greeting through the kitchen window...

In my opinion......... if things get so bad we actually need to put any "bug out" or "bug in" plans in action... the majority of us should also include a last minute fight until the only thing left is "put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodby" plan.

Well.... I personally don't think there will be even a one minute warning from the SWAT that sneaks up at O dark 30 and tosses several flash bangs + tear gas through the window. Oh wait.. what about the alarm system? Yeah... what about it? How fast can a person effectively! respond to an alarm set off by SWAT in the middle of the night?

But let's just say, for the sake of argument, that a family manages to prevail over a SWAT incursion. What would be next? Well ... Our wonderful government has the GPS co ordinates of our front doors (or close enough) so a chopper could just send a little missile greeting through the kitchen window...

In my opinion......... if things get so bad we actually need to put any "bug out" or "bug in" plans in action... the majority of us should also include a last minute fight until the only thing left is "put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodby" plan.

What people fail to realize is that they don't plan on confiscating our guns. They plan on killing the opposition, literally and adding ours to their stockpile. You can throw your hands up and surrender, but the Geneva Convention is worthless in reality, nobody makes anybody abide by it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back